Texans acquire Gareon Conley

BayRaider

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

How bad is the Raiders FO that they got abused by a team without a GM that overpaid drastically several times this past off-season?

Are you basing this off select Raider posters over dramatic assessment of this trade? The "potential" which is ALLLLL Raider fans ever talk about.

Because Conley had a 6 game stretch to end the year where he looked like he might be on the accent. And has been terrible this season. He's passive, doesn't like contract in run support and struggles in zone coverage which Houston runs a lot of.

I'd say it's good value on a player that 1) the Raiders have no future plans for and 2) needs a reset on his career.

If "potential" won you Superbowls the Raiders would be the Patriots right now. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

BRING THE TEXANS SAQUON!

@ET80 He has some upside, not an awful move for you guys. 

FWIW, someone else posted on twitter (tweet in the 49er forum) that the Raiders are looking at making a bigger trade? 

Get him out of the NFC East so I can root for him even more please.

• Like 1

More surprised than upset. Showed great flashes last year but this season it has been ugly. 

Wished we had gotten more than a 3rd rounder but I'm not as upset as I would have been at the start of the season

Edited by Dodo

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Are you basing this off select Raider posters over dramatic assessment of this trade? The "potential" which is ALLLLL Raider fans ever talk about.

Because Conley had a 6 game stretch to end the year where he looked like he might be on the accent. And has been terrible this season. He's passive, doesn't like contract in run support and struggles in zone coverage which Houston runs a lot of.

I'd say it's good value on a player that 1) the Raiders have no future plans for and 2) needs a reset on his career.

If "potential" won you Superbowls the Raiders would be the Patriots right now. 

I am in complete agreement with this and cannot understand what the heck Raider fans are saying about this guy's oozing potential. He's oozing something alright..

Nothing says he is any more a potential filled average player than any of the other tens or hundreds of ordinary Raider players over the years. If you disregarded it or never were informed of his original draft position you would think watching him play for a few years now that he was anywhere between an ok pick as a 4th rounder to a great UDFA pickup. If a fan wants to be genuinely realistic about it, that is his true value as a player. So taking that into account, getting a 3rd in return for him is great. Totally average non descript dude thus far. Catching "punted" routine INTs does not make a guy a playmaker, though it does take some measure of skill to be in position to make the few plays he has. 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

raiders fans are delusional if they think they are getting von miller 

raiders fans are also delusional if they think they just traded away a 'potential top 10 cb' lol 

Hate this dude but I agree. They traded a guy who’ll be out the league in 2-3 years. 

31 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Hate this dude but I agree. They traded a guy who’ll be out the league in 2-3 years. 

It would seem that you are able to dish it out but not take it lol 

It's all in good fun, playboi