Texans acquire Gareon Conley for 3rd Rounder

BayRaider

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

No thanks he’s going to be a free agent isn’t he ?  How would he fair here away from one of the deepest Dlines I can remember in a long time 

I get your concerns,  but what other DE is worth trading for? Yannick is young, will be cheap till hes a FA and we can sign him to a long term deal. Will be a good bookend to Ferrell. 

I wouldn't trade for Calais Cambell simply because if his age. Vic Beasley is overrated and suxs against the run. I wouldn't add Peterson or Howard because I want to see our young DBs play, and a big no to WR. Simply because how many times have we tried going that route and failed. But that's just what I'd do lol.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Vic Beasley? What the hell is wrong with you all? I loved him coming out, but 1) He's not a DE so where do he fit? 2) He's been pretty poor as a pass rusher outside one season 3) He absolutely can't play the run 4) He's been the biggest disappointment in ATL for years now. 

Maybe Deon Jones if you want in on Atlanta's fire sale. Hard pass on Beasley.

ATL is the biggest disappointment this decade. 

7 hours ago, andrewwolak said:

Atlanta is garbage and in salary cap hell. I'd love to trade for Julio Jones, who we could absorb in our cap. Then we can see if Carr is the man or a pretender.

As nice as it would be, it would cost the farm and even then it’s probably unrealistic they’d ship him.

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

They drafted Isiah and Mullen. Time to let the rookies play and get that experience. 

The third round pick they got will probably get used in a trade to acquire a player. 

Nevin Lawson should start seeing a lot of snaps for us at CB. Gruden said in his presser today that Mullen is likely going to start now. 

This trade just shows how much the draft can make or break your team.

We spend a 1st on Conley, a 1st on Karl Joseph and a 2nd round pick on Obi Melifonwu.

Hit on these guys and you have 3 good defensive starters on their rookie contract.

Which means no need to draft Jonathan Abram in the 1st and Trayvon Mullen in the 2nd this draft and use these on 2 other positions of need. 

This is from NBC sport s

Conley has struggled this year. According to analytics site Pro Football Focus, Conley has allowed 18 catches on 26 targets for 266 yards and four touchdowns. That included a 74-yard score on Sunday against the Packers, where he also provided some lackluster run defense.

5 hours ago, Roninho said:

This trade just shows how much the draft can make or break your team.

The primary reason we had to trade Khalil Mack was because of how poorly McKenzie drafted. You can't pay 2 players $20M+ and compete unless you have good young players on cheap deals at other key positions.

• Like 2