Texans trade for CB Gaeron Conley

ET80

15 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

I'm all for bringing Roby back, but my primary target would be Ronald Darby who is 26, runs a 4.3 and has been a #1CB for a Super Bowl Champion any frankly I was shocked he came back on a 1 year deal

Darby has an ACL and ankle/achilles, right? I know he's had some lower body injuries, and those lead to diminishing returns for DBs, moreso than most positions. 

I'm not opposed to Darby, but I wouldn't expect him to be our #1 for very long. His dropoff would probably be more drastic when it eventually hits.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Have never, ever understood why NFL teams haven't liked Gaines. I loved him as a prospect, and largely, he's played very well at the NFL level, first for the Rams and then the Bills (browns was basically a lost year). He's zone reliant, and sure he gets hurt, but the talent and play have mostly been there. 

I wonder - is there a personality issue we've not privy to? Bad locker room guy?

Gaines and Tre Boston are so weird. Both are pretty good, but never make enough noise on the market.

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The thing that sucks about this trade is that guys NEVER get better when they come to the Texans. Our coaching staff doesn’t get the best out of players. Guys routinely leave the Texans and have better careers elsewhere. That’s why I’m not excited about this trade.  

QTFT!  We feel your pain brother.  Raiders fans have routinely watched as guys go from literally nothing on our rosters, to being half decent players in other organizations.  

Edited by Totty

12 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The thing that sucks about this trade is that guys NEVER get better when they come to the Texans. Our coaching staff doesn’t get the best out of players. Guys routinely leave the Texans and have better careers elsewhere. That’s why I’m not excited about this trade.  

Eh...I mean, Roby looks better now than when he was in Denver last season. Carlos Hyde and Kenny Stills, too. 

Not trying to disprove your stance, but recently it's been better than usual.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Eh...I mean, Roby looks better now than when he was in Denver last season. Carlos Hyde and Kenny Stills, too. 

Not trying to disprove your stance, but recently it's been better than usual.

Kenny stills has put up 800 and 900 yard seasons in the past. He’s not playing better than that. 

hyde has twice been a 900 yard back and is right around career average per carry so I wouldn’t say he’s playing better, just getting more opportunity. 

Roby us allowing a slightly higher completion percentage this season compared to last. 

those 3 haven’t gotten worse but they haven’t really gotten better from coming here. The vast majority of players underachieve here. 

18 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Kenny stills has put up 800 and 900 yard seasons in the past. He’s not playing better than that. 

hyde has twice been a 900 yard back and is right around career average per carry so I wouldn’t say he’s playing better, just getting more opportunity. 

Roby us allowing a slightly higher completion percentage this season compared to last. 

those 3 haven’t gotten worse but they haven’t really gotten better from coming here. The vast majority of players underachieve here. 

Under your theory though the only player acquisition you will ever like though is an already really good player in FA or trade. If any improvement is needed, whether draft pick or trade or FA, you won't like it because we can't help them. The types that you like just don't happen happen very often.

Hyde was terrible last year with the Browns he is MUCH better this year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mse326 said:

Under your theory though the only player acquisition you will ever like though is an already really good player in FA or trade. If any improvement is needed, whether draft pick or trade or FA, you won't like it because we can't help them. The types that you like just don't happen happen very often.

Hyde was terrible last year with the Browns he is MUCH better this year. 

My point is that we rarely get a player who has been an underperformer in the league and then they suddenly live up to their potential with us.