Week #8 MNF GameThread Steelers 2-4 vs. Dolphins 0-6

Steeler Hitman

7 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Well Elliot is not good and they've chosen him twice over Skipper so one would assume there's something the rest of us don't see. 

assume, being the key word. It isn't as though GM's never make a mistake or two that's for sure. Even us fans make mistakes when doing mocks or roster predictions etc. :o. I hope they sign Skipper, but who will they cut to make space?

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Score Prediction: 49-10 Steelers

As a Steelers fan I would love that outcome. However, can our offense put up a forty-burger? Can we simply get off to a fast start and finish strong? I see this as an opportunity to gain some confidence and get better on offense. 24-13, 27 - 13  or optimistically 30 -13 Steelers.

12 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

As a Steelers fan I would love that outcome. However, can our offense put up a forty-burger? Can we simply get off to a fast start and finish strong? I see this as an opportunity to gain some confidence and get better on offense. 24-13, 27 - 13  or optimistically 30 -13 Steelers.

I agree. I want them to unleash Mason. Let him test that secondary. Use every play in your playbook. THIS is the game that you unleash the football Gods and get your offense right.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think we win, but their will be moments of frustration, so my score prediction: 24-14 Steelers

I agree that seems more realistic based on how this team has played thus far. However, my hope is that they get hyped and can have a game like they did last year against Carolina.  This hopefully can be Mason's coming out party. The OL and running game can be dominant and it will open up Mason to start chucking some passes to the TE and WR's.  I do hope it is a dominant win and something to be able to grow from despite the criticism that people would say, "So what it was Miami!"  How many times have we seen the Steelers under-perform in that situation against a "so called" lesser talent?

Just now, wwhickok said:

I agree. I want them to unleash Mason. Let him test that secondary. Use every play in your playbook. THIS is the game that you unleash hell and get your offense right.

Please don't use the "unleash hell." quote.  :D  That didn't work out too well the last time it was used. xD

There SHOULD be plenty of wide open guys for Rudolph to take shots all over the field. I'm expecting a 300 yard game with 3 TDs, minimum.

Of course, what will likely happen is Fichtner will roll with a heavy run game, and the Steelers squeak out a 3 point win.

• Like 1