Chiefs Without Mahomes

Chiefer

11 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

Ya right. No team is built that way anymore. You don’t pay a QB $20 mil a year because you don’t really need him.

Yea, we need him to win shootouts, or playoff games like the one against Carolina in 2017, but we don’t need him to beat teams 52-14, or 48-7 like we did last year.  As long as our defense is playing like it has been, we can win with a game management QB, which is largely what Teddy is at this point.  Although he’s getting more comfortable lately.  

And we have an oline good enough to keep pressure off of an inexperienced back up.

As far as I know, Chiefs are worse in those areas.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Unless I'm missing something you said 2-2 and listed 5 games.

I think KC is good enough to go 3-2, 4-1 in that stretch. In fact the first two against GB & Min, if they lose any, are the ones I think they'll lose.

LAC, Tenn, Oak they have no business losing to

That 5th game is the 6th week since injury.

A lot of people suggest resting him till after the bye. due to dual injuries in the knee and ankle.

Depending on how the Chiefs look these coming weeks they might. Although he's already doing warmups in practice so maybe he's back next week.

Edited by Chiefer

Just now, Chiefer said:

That 5th game is the 6th week since injury.

A lot of people suggest resting him till after the bye. did to dual injuries in the knee and anklr.

Depending on how the Chiefs look these coming weeks they might. Although he's already doing markups in practice

I would NOT play him in any of those back 3. I just dont think you need him in those 3 as much as you'll need him for the rest of the way and in the playoffs.

I mean this is an important game for Mahomes. He is no longer a top 3 QB after being pretty bad for a few weeks and Rodgers is once again the best in football after last week. This will be the most important game over his career this week if he plays and he shouldn't miss this one. He wants to prove he is the best QB in the NFL and outplaying Rodgers this week would prove that in his mind, which is why I think he plays. If this was any other team in the NFL aside fron New England, then I can see why he rests, but against Rodgers? No he won't and shouldn't rest. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins

Mahomes isn't playing this week.
The obfuscation is part gamesmanship, but mostly a nod to the League and their broadcast partners
SNF is the flagship game of the week and the last thing they want is a full declaration that Mahomes is OUT.
They'll happily continue this farce because its in everybody's best interest. $$$