GDT "beardown3231's lousy preseason Super Bowl matchup prediction" Edition: Chargers & Bears 10/27/19

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I was 100% buying what you were selling until you said coaching. The correct answer is QB.

Until we have a legit QB none of this matters.

It's Nagy offense and for good or ill Nagy's QB.  He was hired to build an offense around Mitch and teach him to run it effectively.

When pray tell will that ever happen?

I've even questioned whether Trubisky is the right guy for this offense or even vice versa.  Nagy may not be the HC who will ever get the kind of results from Mitch another scheme may.  I have no idea which is the more accurate but when the train runs off it's tracks it's the engineer who get blamed not the guy stoking fuel in the boiler.  This is Matt Nagy and Ryan Paces train.  It's up to them to fix it.

As far as I'm concerned both are a major problem right now and they've simply lost my interest in Bears football.  I've had a very long life time of watching this kind of futility so I can easily live without a little more of it thank you.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Produce a worse strategic, on-field,  coaching decision. I'll wait. There may be other decisions that are equally stupid--can't think of any that are worse.

John Fox literally allowed a 1 win 49ers team to run the clock out and kick a game-winning FG. His justification was that he felt good about the Bears' chances to block the kick.

Marc Trestman attempted and missed a 47 yard FG ON 2ND DOWN.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'm willing to give Nagy one more year with a better, smarter, more confident and more fearless QB.

Nagy could have probably subbed in and hit Gabriel in stride on that missed TD throw.

Frankly I've seen one too many of those through Mitch's first 3 years. It is always either over or under thrown on those long passes. Why can't we just get a guy who can hit those? 

This is where I am as well. Nagy is scheming guys wide open, but Mitch is missing them. Nagy is handcuffed by Mitch right now, he said he took the knee before the FG because he didn't want to risk a sack, we ran the ball on 3rd and 9 in the redzone early on in the game - those things show how he doesn't have trust in Mitch.

Give Nagy and Pace one more chance with another QB. Right now I'm thinking vet QB plus day two pick in 2020, Mariota or Alex Smith if he can prove he's healthy. I really like him, but I'm finally ready to admit that Mitch isn't the guy. :(

Two positives to finish on: Montgomery IS the guy. And Roquan seemed to play with a much better energy this game, so good to see him make a few plays and be bouncing around after it.

• Like 1

Challenge for Pace is, he already went all in on Trubisky, trading up to get him. Then leveraged the future to get Mack to bring the defense over the top.

So he's faced with lack of draft capital to go get a QB assuming he wants to take a shot on another rookie.

And what vets are out there? Mariota, Winston... pretty bleak looking QB group right now. Pace has his work cut out for him.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Challenge for Pace is, he already went all in on Trubisky, trading up to get him. Then leveraged the future to get Mack to bring the defense over the top.

So he's faced with lack of draft capital to go get a QB assuming he wants to take a shot on another rookie.

And what vets are out there? Mariota, Winston... pretty bleak looking QB group right now. Pace has his work cut out for him.

2 2nds this year is enough to get us in a position to get a QB who we feel can excel in this scheme...bottom line is we need to throw whatever capital we need to get a QB in here that can open this offence up because another season of this costs you your job if your Nagy.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

2 2nds this year is enough to get us in a position to get a QB who we feel can excel in this scheme...bottom line is we need to throw whatever capital we need to get a QB in here that can open this offence up because another season of this costs you your job if your Nagy.

Agreed, QB is priority 1 and it 2 is not close.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That is why the conversation about firing him should be more serious than it will be.

56 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

While I agree that another season of this crap costs Nagy his job and possibly also Pace his job, I don't know that they will bank on a rookie QB coming in to save the day, especially considering they will likely need to move up into the 1st to get a guy that they covet.

I'm of the opinion that they need those two 2nd round draft picks to address other key areas such as TE and OL.  After the two 2nd round picks their next pick does not come until the 5th round, and the hit rate for players drafted around there or after is pretty low to begin with.  We have to expect that a veteran QB will be brought in for 2020 that can play in this offense.

I'm looking directly at Jacksonville if I'm Ryan Pace.  Get one of either Foles or Minshew.  I would probably trade one of our 2nds for Minshew right now.

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

While I agree that another season of this crap costs Nagy his job and possibly also Pace his job, I don't know that they will bank on a rookie QB coming in to save the day, especially considering they will likely need to move up into the 1st to get a guy that they covet.

I'm of the opinion that they need those two 2nd round draft picks to address other key areas such as TE and OL.  After the two 2nd round picks their next pick does not come until the 5th round, and the hit rate for players drafted around there or after is pretty low to begin with.  We have to expect that a veteran QB will be brought in for 2020 that can play in this offense.

I'm looking directly at Jacksonville if I'm Ryan Pace.  Get one of either Foles or Minshew.  I would probably trade one of our 2nds for Minshew right now.

Jacksonville might go 8-8 if they are lucky.

Is that good enough to save them in 2020?

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Jacksonville might go 8-8 if they are lucky.

Is that good enough to save them in 2020?

They may also make the playoffs being only 1 game out of 1st place  right now in their division.  They have 4 divisional games left out of 8 to play.

The way Minshew is playing right now he would absolutely be an upgrade over anything we have here. 

I don't really see many better options out there beside he, Foles, A Smith or Bridgewater (unlikely). Do you?

Do you believe a late 1st round draft pick would be a better option considering the Bears would likely have to mortgage more future picks in order to make that happen?  Or do you think they will rely on drafting a guy in the 2nd or later to be their QB savior?  

29 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

They may also make the playoffs being only 1 game out of 1st place  right now in their division.  They have 4 divisional games left out of 8 to play.

The way Minshew is playing right now he would absolutely be an upgrade over anything we have here. 

I don't really see many better options out there beside he, Foles, A Smith or Bridgewater (unlikely). Do you?

Do you believe a late 1st round draft pick would be a better option considering the Bears would likely have to mortgage more future picks in order to make that happen?  Or do you think they will rely on drafting a guy in the 2nd or later to be their QB savior?  

They are 2 games back of the Colts and do not look like they are making the playoffs.

I think a jugs machine is a better option than 10 right now. I think a late 1st round or even 2nd round pick gives you a chance.

44 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They are 2 games back of the Colts and do not look like they are making the playoffs.

I think a jugs machine is a better option than 10 right now. I think a late 1st round or even 2nd round pick gives you a chance.

Who are some potential QBs in the upcoming draft that could be had in this area and step into this team and be an immediate upgrade?  I think Bears will need to be extremely lucky to find a guy like that.  It's fair to assume that with any rookie QB there will be an adjustment period and some growing pains.  Not sure Pace and Nagy can afford another year of that.