GDT "beardown3231's lousy preseason Super Bowl matchup prediction" Edition: Chargers & Bears 10/27/19

beardown3231

19 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

John Fox literally allowed a 1 win 49ers team to run the clock out and kick a game-winning FG. His justification was that he felt good about the Bears' chances to block the kick.

Marc Trestman attempted and missed a 47 yard FG ON 2ND DOWN.

Those are some great examples. Can't deny that.

Nor that we're apparently in HC hell. Yet again. 

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

You're throwing absolutes out there without anything backing them up. Just because he said they'd lose 3 yards or whatever doesn't mean it absolutely would happen. Lol. 

I doubt any of us had them making a 50+ yard run but it happened. You're guessing that 3-5 yards is the best that could have had. They were dpwn 2 pr 3 DTs, so tjey should have had an advantage of they went heavy vs heavy. Or scheme a quick pass. The call wasnt smart, it showed he lacked confidence in his OL and Montgomery compared to an injured DL. 

That smart coach needs to put his players in the best possible position, not just good enough. Whether he calls 30+ straight pass plays or calls for Tru to kneel the only person he has consistently outsmarted was himself. So far he hasn't done himself a ton of favors this year, and he has helped the Bears earn a losing record so far. Pineiro needs to make that kick but putting up 19 on a last second FG is still pretty damn bad. 

I hope he turns it around but he is just digging himself a bigger hole so far. 

I'm using common sense. 

23 hours ago, topwop1 said:

They may also make the playoffs being only 1 game out of 1st place  right now in their division.  They have 4 divisional games left out of 8 to play.

The way Minshew is playing right now he would absolutely be an upgrade over anything we have here. 

I don't really see many better options out there beside he, Foles, A Smith or Bridgewater (unlikely). Do you?

Do you believe a late 1st round draft pick would be a better option considering the Bears would likely have to mortgage more future picks in order to make that happen?  Or do you think they will rely on drafting a guy in the 2nd or later to be their QB savior?  

If you guys can make the salary/cap number work, Foles would be excellent in that system.  Do a little RPO stuff that he is great at.  As good as Robinson is now, he'd thrive in that system with Foles.

I think he's a tick better than Bridgewater.

I don't think you are getting Minshew.  Guessing he's their future and they know it.

You would have to think that given Minshew's season so far, the Jags would love to get out from under the Foles contract.

As someone whose team is the Packers, I'd very much NOT like seeing Foles under center for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Tabor's been bad for awhile now. Time to send him packing

Tabor has been riding the coattails of Dave Toub for far too long.  He is not that great of a special teams coach.

Probably deserved to be fired after the roughing the kicker penalty against the Raiders.  Bears likely win that game if not for that.

Then you had the blocked punt against the Saints and now we're hearing that Pineiros preference was not to kick the left hash.  This guy sucks lol.  Get him out of here.

Nagy has a lot of changes to consider this coming off season, but it will be tough because not a lot of good coaches are going to want to join what could potentially be a sinking ship.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Tabor has been riding the coattails of Dave Toub for far too long.  He is not that great of a special teams coach.

Probably deserved to be fired after the roughing the kicker penalty against the Raiders.  Bears likely win that game if not for that.

Then you had the blocked punt against the Saints and now we're hearing that Pineiros preference was not to kick the left hash.  This guy sucks lol.  Get him out of here.

Nagy has a lot of changes to consider this coming off season, but it will be tough because not a lot of good coaches are going to want to join what could potentially be a sinking ship.

Notice Pierre Louis has been inactive in the two games since. Maybe the stupid *** ST coach should've told everyone to back up and block. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Notice Pierre Louis has been inactive in the two games since. Maybe the stupid *** ST coach should've told everyone to back up and block. 

Just mind numbing decisions from so called professional coaches.  I could go out there and do a better job than this guy it seems.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:46 AM, Madmike90 said:

2 2nds this year is enough to get us in a position to get a QB who we feel can excel in this scheme...bottom line is we need to throw whatever capital we need to get a QB in here that can open this offence up because another season of this costs you your job if your Nagy.

I'd tend to agree with Mike here.  Those two seconds (with ours looking better with each loss) give us some options for how to use them.

If Minshew continues his success in JAX it's quite possible Foles could end up on the block.  Alex Smith knows this offense in his sleep but can he still play and if so would Wash trade him?  Mariota will in all likelihood be a UFA so no cost in draft booty there.  So there may be several options.....or not.

I'm not one whose willing to believe we'll come up with some miracle pick in round two who'll come in, put Mitch on the bench, and blow us all away.  Neither our skills or our luck drafting QBs is anywhere good enough to believe in that fantasy.  If that's what we're forced into then we should also have a third young vet on hand to compete and hopefully one of the three will succeed.

I don't see many other options right now.

• Like 1