Week Eight: Bucs (2-4) @ Titans (3-4)

bucsfan333

I think its going to be a close game...    One thing good is that their pass rush isn't great so Jameis should have some time hopefully.  Their secondary is pretty damn good though which hopefully shouldn't be too much of a problem I know their corners are pretty short 5'11" and under.   Kevin Byard is a monster in the middle and still annoyed we didn't draft him.

• Like 2

The crazy part about Jameis Winston is he doesn’t have to be Aaron Rodgers in terms of protecting the football. If he was just the 15th most turnover prone QB in football that’s a superstar. Heck even 20th. Because he does things well historically speaking for his team. Pushes the ball downfield, converts 3rd downs, leads them to touchdowns, avoids sacks(this year it’s been bad but overall during his career good). I think the Bucs are the highest scoring nfc team this year 

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The crazy part about Jameis Winston is he doesn’t have to be Aaron Rodgers in terms of protecting the football. If he was just the 15th most turnover prone QB in football that’s a superstar. Heck even 20th. Because he does things well historically speaking for his team. Pushes the ball downfield, converts 3rd downs, leads them to touchdowns, avoids sacks(this year it’s been bad but overall during his career good). I think the Bucs are the highest scoring nfc team this year 

Sad. 2-4

Should be 3-3

I want to see what the secondary can do over the next 10 games.  I have no hope for VHIII on the outside.  However, I think it is safe to assume this is the youngest secondary in the league.  So I would hope guys continue to improve.  Whitehead has certainly gotten better.  Davis has improved his penalty situation.

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I want to see what the secondary can do over the next 10 games.  I have no hope for VHIII on the outside.  However, I think it is safe to assume this is the youngest secondary in the league.  So I would hope guys continue to improve.  Whitehead has certainly gotten better.  Davis has improved his penalty situation.

Agreed. If this secondary can grow and take a step forward heading into next year that would be huge...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

We've gotta give these guys time. Sure it would be cool if we could draft a guy and he plays like Lattimore his rookie year. But guys like that are so far and few between.

The secondary needs experience, not more early draft picks. Well, that and less VHIII.

Let's see what Dean and SMB can do. We can't draft two tall, long, fast CBs and expect them to strictly be slot guys/bench players. Get them on the field to take the same lumps Stewart, Davis, and VHIII have been taking. They can run with any WR in the league. And that's already an improvement.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We've gotta give these guys time. Sure it would be cool if we could draft a guy and he plays like Lattimore his rookie year. But guys like that are so far and few between.

The secondary needs experience, not more early draft picks. Well, that and less VHIII.

Let's see what Dean and SMB can do. We can't draft two tall, long, fast CBs and expect them to strictly be slot guys/bench players. Get them on the field to take the same lumps Stewart, Davis, and VHIII have been taking. They can run with any WR in the league. And that's already an improvement.

I sometimes wonder how Ronde Barber s rookie season would have been skewred in today s social media platforms.

The encouraging part with this staff is  Vea, Rojo, Cappa, Whitehead, and to a lesser extent have all improved significantly in their second  yrs. As long as young guys keep getting better that is a good sign for the future.  I thought I read this roster is 2nd youmgest in the league.  Being so young is a tough way to compete.  Experience is invaluable. 

I can write the same thing about the current play caller.  How many play callers were lights in their first yr?  I don t call that train wreck in AZ against Leftwich as his first yr.  It was the McCoy play book.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I sometimes wonder how Ronde Barber s rookie season would have been skewred in today s social media platforms.

He was my first thought. A 5'8" 160lb CB who ran a 4.7 with like a 30" vert that looked like he didn't belong in the NFL his rookie year. He ended up being one of the best players in franchise history. And should be in the HoF some day.

Not saying Dean and SMB are gonna do that. But we won't know if there's legitimate upside if neither guy gets to play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He was my first thought. A 5'8" 160lb CB who ran a 4.7 with like a 30" vert that looked like he didn't belong in the NFL his rookie year. He ended up being one of the best players in franchise history. And should be in the HoF some day.

Not saying Dean and SMB are gonna do that. But we won't know if there's legitimate upside if neither guy gets to play.

Don’t think people understand how much dedication it took for Ronde to turn into the player he is. Guy was studying film at home. Dedicated. Most players dont have that drive to be great. Some just content being in the NFL and make millions.

Its possible to turn it around for any player but its on them to put the work in. Hard to project that

• Like 1