Who is responsible for Eagles meltdown?

rocky_rams

I'm not really sure how talented folks think this team really is, but they are simply average, and their record/performance reflects that. Maybe you can say they are slightly above average, but how can anyone watch this team and think they are one of the most talented teams in the league? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not really sure how talented folks think this team really is, but they are simply average, and their record/performance reflects that. Maybe you can say they are slightly above average, but how can anyone watch this team and think they are one of the most talented teams in the league? 

At this point hard to argue they look old and slow, I still think Alshon is a piece of work if it was him who went to Josina about Wentz. Dude dropped the playoff game last year in New Orleans, is over payed, and takes a half of year to get in shape every year. He's a rich mans Eddie Lacy of wrs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

At this point hard to argue they look old and slow, I still think Alshon is a piece of work if it was him who went to Josina about Wentz. Dude dropped the playoff game last year in New Orleans, is over payed, and takes a half of year to get in shape every year. He's a rich mans Eddie Lacy of wrs.

Where do you look at them and say they are just SUPER talented at? I mean they have good talent at some positions and really good at others, but it also is mixed in with a bunch of mediocre and flat out terrible talent. They are just average or slightly above average as I stated in my prior post. 

They were one of the popular picks to make it out of the NFC, but in reality they aren't close to being on that level. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Where do you look at them and say they are just SUPER talented at? I mean they have good talent at some positions and really good at others, but it also is mixed in with a bunch of mediocre and flat out terrible talent. They are just average or slightly above average as I stated in my prior post. 

They were one of the popular picks to make it out of the NFC, but in reality they aren't close to being on that level. 

Well at some point you are what your record says you are. They honestly remind me of the Chargers teams.

Poor training staff, Second half team, older roster. I'd look like an idiot defending their talent level, but I'm not ruling out a run second half.

I've only seen 3 games but it seems like their biggest problem is constantly shooting themselves in the foot. The Lions game could have been won if players just caught the ball/didn't fumble. 

Cowboys and Falcons game they dug too big of a hole early with costly turnovers. 

They will struggle to make the playoffs as I think 11-5 is going to be the wildcard teams. Maybe 10-6 but that's only 2 more losses. Their best bet is to win the East and beat Dallas at home. Lot of football left and we can't rule them out. 

• Like 1

To be fair...I'd argue they dont exactly have a juggernaut offense. But they've also some big injury losses. specifically Malik Jackson and DeSean Jackson

I feel like this is a team in the middle of a transition. I feel like they're capable of having a better record but they're struggling. I honestly think they need to improve their WR options and RBs. Revitalize the OL in certain spots and the defense is good, but there is room for improvement 

I have a bold prediction. With all the news of recent with the Eagles and ALSHON allegedly saying what he said, I think a trades coming.  I believe the Bills are going to beat the Eagles on Sunday and then make a trade to get Alshon by the deadline.  

1 hour ago, BillSabre said:

I have a bold prediction. With all the news of recent with the Eagles and ALSHON allegedly saying what he said, I think a trades coming.  I believe the Bills are going to beat the Eagles on Sunday and then make a trade to get Alshon by the deadline.  

as a fan what is most you’d be ok w/ Bills giving up? Curious.

41 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Well Sanu just went for a second 

A) I think that was a little high, I don't think Falcons were looking to move him so Pats had to overpay to pry him

B) Alshon carries pretty high base salary and I'm not sure which guarantees would carry over in trade, but either way he's going to count a lot more towards cap than Sanu

I don't think Alshon gets traded unless it's actually getting extremely toxic in the locker room, right now we're losing, so of course media is going to fester and everyone will run with this narrative, but who knows how much of a problem it actually is. Got to be a big problem to swallow the $15M in 2020 dead cap moving Alshon would cost... or an offer we can't refuse. 

• Like 2