Week 8 - Denver Broncos (2-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (4-2)

lomaxgrUK

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Dude we got nothing but love for you.  Sorry if there’s a misunderstanding here was just saying why I edit lol.  

I blame Joe Flacco.  >:(

Lmao not at all. I think you would be the best mod for the forum. I’m too tied up in dynasty leagues and mafia games. 

2 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

With Watt out for the season, I would hope we call the Texans and offer a combo of Wolfe and chj for whatever remaining picks they have(I don’t even know if they have any good picks remaining).

Von for there next 2 firsts in 2022 2023 and a second this year lol

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

With Watt out for the season, I would hope we call the Texans and offer a combo of Wolfe and chj for whatever remaining picks they have(I don’t even know if they have any good picks remaining).

2020 2nd 5th 7th I think are all they have left.   Get a 2021 3rd/4th just because BoB is all in lol. 

Elway can tell BoB the added bonus is saving on having to attend Draft Weekend.  

• Like 3

I get why Flacco is upset and understand running the ball was pinning it on the defense (which if Von Miller could tackle would’ve worked out perfectly) but I also get not throwing the ball there.  The passing offense is so bad that literally on every drop back I cringe.  Again, Flacco complaining I get, but on the flip side, make some throws Joe and be reliable and it doesn’t make that play call a simple one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I get why Flacco is upset and understand running the ball was pinning it on the defense (which if Von Miller could tackle would’ve worked out perfectly) but I also get not throwing the ball there.  The passing offense is so bad that literally on every drop back I cringe.  Again, Flacco complaining I get, but on the flip side, make some throws Joe and be reliable and it doesn’t make that play call a simple one.

The tackle situation handicaps this offense let's call a spade a spade. 

6 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Absolutely.  They had the last 3 drives start inside the IND 50 IIRC.  Make a play before that one it’s moot.  

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

The tackle situation handicaps this offense let's call a spade a spade. 

Ah I think this is over blown.  I’m not saying it’s great, but you’re pressured as an NFL QB.  Good QBs make up for this by getting rid of the ball/manipulating the pocket.  Flacco had pockets to step up all game and didn’t then tried to scramble around (he’s arguably the least athletic QB in football) and made himself look like a fool.  At this stage in his career he has to be kept completely clean to be effective and in the NFL that = a poor QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW, I edit all the time - posting on phone, misspells, etc. - and also realize some stuff are mega run-on sentences.   While other times forgetting points I was thinking as I was posting.   It's not like ppl retract something outright when they edit (well, wait, that actually happened once with a flame post lol with some guy lol - but you get the idea).

If you look at my posts, probably 1/3 of them will have edit tags. I never get everything right, like this one where I made a grammatical error. I'm definitely not sneak dissing our mod and deleting the evidence. That's so laughable and a weird thing to even have to dismiss. I don't take it personally though, just a misread by a good mod. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Ah I think this is over blown.  I’m not saying it’s great, but you’re pressured as an NFL QB.  Good QBs make up for this by getting rid of the ball/manipulating the pocket.  Flacco had pockets to step up all game and didn’t then tried to scramble around (he’s arguably the least athletic QB in football) and made himself look like a fool.  At this stage in his career he has to be kept completely clean to be effective and in the NFL that = a poor QB.

Well Joe does hold on to the football very long. You have to realize he's working with Sutton and a bunch of rookie weap.  Freddie Jones, Fant besides Lindsay as passing threats. 

The tackle situation combined with our young weapons pose an issue.  That's why I'm all for getting another guy in here.

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Well Joe does hold on to the football very long. You have to realize he's working with Sutton and a bunch of rookie weap.  Freddie Jones, Fant besides Lindsay as passing threats. 

The tackle situation combined with our young weapons pose an issue.  That's why I'm all for getting another guy in here.

I don’t disagree with that, but for Flacco to come out and complain when he’s arguably been the worst starting QB in football is head scratching.  Hopefully his unhappiness makes it easier to move toward Lock.  Too bad Elway committed dead money toward his contract...another head scratcher move.

Edited by germ-x

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Flacco holds on to the ball too long regardless of whether we had Sutton / Sanders or now have Sutton / lesser guys.    There’s a reason why we haven’t scored 24+ for 21 games now, we can’t lay that at not having Sanders around.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I don’t disagree with that, but for Flacco to come out and complain when he’s arguably been the worst starting QB in football is head scratching.  Hopefully his unhappiness makes it easier to move toward Lock.  Too bad Elway committed dead money toward his contract...another head scratcher move.

I still have to watch that interview with Flacco to get an opinion. 

@Broncofan said the Flacco restructuring was a paper moving exercise. It only takes in effect if we use it which we're not going to do.