Week 8 - Denver Broncos (2-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (4-2)

lomaxgrUK

Just now, Broncofan said:

Players would be the LEAST concerned about Fangio's role.   Harris Jr. wasn't directing heat at his contract at the coaching staff this offseason.  Of all the people, players know exactly who's calling the shots for decisions like that. 

If you mean the players morale after trading guys, well, sure...but that's the business.   And frankly, if some of the vets were playing better, Elway wouldn't be selling.

And to be clear...I'm actually happy we're selling.  Rebuilds go faster the sooner you stop trying to hang on to mediocrity.    Elway needs to change that mindset ASAP.  But the players get zero sympathy if they have a problem with the sell-off.  We're 2-5, they should be playing their butts off now to ensure they are a part of 2020, or playing for their next contract.  

I'm happy we're selling too make no mistake About that.

I just think sitting the most healthy talented bodies is a poor choice. You played them for 7 games keep going until they are dealt. 

That's a poor message to the dalton Risners, drew locks, noah fants, Sutton's, and lindsay.

18 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Why isn't Lock practicing today? 

16 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Great question no clue I guess Elway is trying to play possum with his moves to maintain value in trades. That's all I got he better soon.

HOLY **** OMG I can't believe it....but hold your breath, and don't have any breakables nearby...

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/ready-or-not-drew-lock-must-wait/73-dcfd8317-7208-4d9c-83ed-d7b502c725b9

So if we win 2 games and go 4-5 - then it's Theo Riddick & Tim Patrick, and Lock redshirts the ENTIRE YEAR???    Elway has lost his mind again with the delusion of win-now being possible.  SMH.

To expand further...

Now, I get the thinking - but you still IR-return him so he can get the practice reps in vs. the 1st team D, and he can start games in Nov-Dec past the week 10 bye and the brutal @MIN / @BUF games. 

Honestly, if Lock is so badly behind that we can't even consider playing him in December....and we give away snaps to THEO FREAKING RIDDICK over our young guys - sorry, I'm just saying it now - Elway deserves to be replaced for 2020.  Because it's one thing for him to say he wants to fix this - but those win-now actions do the EXACT opposite.  They only prolong the mediocrity.

And make no mistake - I have very real concerns about Lock not being our QBOTF, I'm very much in @BroncosFan2010's corner.   But if we drafted him Rd2, we definitely have to see what we have in Lock no later than Week 13 (after the brutal @MIN / @BUF games on Week 11-12 post-bye).   To put Lock on IR for the entire season would be a catastrophically stupid decision.   Even 9 weeks of actual scrimmages would be 100x more valuable to us as an org than 9 weeks of Theo Freaking Riddick (not to mention all the snaps you take away from our younger guys).   

SMH x 10000000 if this comes to pass.

So, if you are a Broncos fan who understands that we aren't legit contenders until we get our QBOTF - we need to know if Lock has that potential, enough to pass on QB early in 2020's draft.  That means getting Lock off IR-return.   Sadly, it's a no-brainer decision for everyone...but Elway.   So now, we need to root for soul-crushing defeats to IND and CLE to remove ALL hope from Elway's mind.  The crazy part - even casual fans realize what the score is.  It's nuts that Elway somehow doesn't.  SMH x1000000 again.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

TL:DR version:

Elway's delusional..again.  Win-now.

Win vs. IND and he might think we're better off with Theo Riddick as the 2nd IR-return guy.  Theo FREAKING Riddick with our thunder-lightning RB combo.  Sure, let's make that a 3-headed monster committee and take more touches away from the 2 best guys (outside of Sutton).  Great thinking.

Bottom line - we ALL should be huge IND fans this Sunday, and CLE fans Week 9.   We need Elway's win-now delusions to be crushed to a pulp here - seems that 2-5 and our KC TNF loss didn't get the job done.  SMH x 1000000.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Now, I get the thinking - but you still IR-return him so he can get the practice reps in vs. the 1st team D, and he can start games in Nov-Dec past

The challenge is Flacco is still on the roster lol. If Flacco wasn't on the team this would flow so much better. 

This dance with Lock is a bluff for a surprise move.  Also it impacts the trade deadline give it time. The gms who stay the most firm get the most compensation with trades. Once we move the pieces we need to move this narrative will change.

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This is how it will go; as we know Elway has an unwarranted trust in his evaluation of QB's. So Lock wont play, we will not draft a QB round one in 2020, and then Lock will suck.

Time is a flat circle.

If Elway doesn't activate lock all of Dove Valley will turn on him. This is a bluff until the trade deadline passes.

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This is how it will go; as we know Elway has an unwarranted trust in his evaluation of QB's. So Lock wont play, we will not draft a QB round one in 2020, and then Lock will suck.

Time is a flat circle.

This is 1000% what will happen. Elway is too concerned about "wasting" a talented defense, yet we've seen rookie QBs come in and lead their teams to wins and good performances, but for some reason, Elway continues to cling to the notion a QB needs to sit for years before he's ready, and that flat out doesn't work. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Time is a flat circle.

11 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

This is 1000% what will happen. Elway is too concerned about "wasting" a talented defense, yet we've seen rookie QBs come in and lead their teams to wins and good performances, but for some reason, Elway continues to cling to the notion a QB needs to sit for years before he's ready, and that flat out doesn't work. 

Given Elway's past infatuation with Justin Herbert - that may not be a bad thing.   And I say that with no illusions on Lock.

Elway deserves nothing but scrutiny when it comes to his QB evaluations and his unwillingness to address the ILB position, particularly in a scheme that relies heavily on them. I fully expect ILB to be drafted high this year because the current group of also-rans we have out there ain't cutting it.

Anyway, as far as the Colts game goes, I expect Denver is going to lose by 7-10 points, especially seeing as the spread is 6.5

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

My hate for Elway as GM  is rapidly approaching the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. 

I haven't even bothered to get on a "fire Elway" soapbox here because it's pointless. He's going to be here through 2021 and everyone just needs to accept that and hope we make the best of it. I try to focus on what could be to avoid feeling ****ty about the franchise constantly. But he's clearly done more than enough since the Super Bowl to warrant a firing. 

Edited by BroncoBruin