Week 8 - Denver Broncos (2-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (4-2)

lomaxgrUK

14 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I don’t disagree with that, but for Flacco to come out and complain when he’s arguably been the worst starting QB in football is head scratching.  Hopefully his unhappiness makes it easier to move toward Lock.  Too bad Elway committed dead money toward his contract...another head scratcher move.

He's only used 5M, leaving 17.2M of cap space rollover for 2020.  Flacco's number pushed back was 13.6M.   So far, all the restructure did was create flexibility for trades/extensions, otherwise we'd be a little tight against the cap right now.  If Elway doesn't use an extra dollar, it's literally a net 0 sum gain.   He can simply cut Flacco and it cots costs us 13.6M in 2020, but with 17.2M of rollover, it could have just never happened, with 3M+ only in rollover.   For now, it's literally a paper exercise and nothing more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I still have to watch that interview with Flacco to get an opinion. 

@Broncofan said the Flacco restructuring was a paper moving exercise. It only takes in effect if we use it which we're not going to do.

I hope that’s the case.  Flacco shouldn’t have a future here.

• Like 1

Just now, germ-x said:

I hope that’s the case.  Flacco shouldn’t have a future here.

As long as Elway doesn't make any headscratcher extensions (Simmons is literally the only guy I'd consider), it's likely we have more than 13.6M of rollover.  In that case, it's just a paper exercise.   Even if he uses say 6M of the 17M left for extensions, the net effect of the 13.6M restructure will be minimal.

It's another reason why I don't want to see ANYONE (other than Simmons, and I'm fine with Hardman) get extensions.  No one else has earned it.    And then it makes Flacco a no-brainer 2020 cut.  I don't care if Lock isn't ready to succeed Week 1 - we can suffer through an entire year at QB and be better off than waste a year with Joe "statue mode perma-engaged" Flacco as our QB.  It's not just the $$, it's the wasted snaps when our O needs to evolve beyond what Flacco's limitations prevent us from doing (and yes, so does our OL pass blocking, too).  

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's another reason why I don't want to see ANYONE (other than Simmons, and I'm fine with Hardman) get extensions.  No one else has earned it.    And then it makes Flacco a no-brainer 2020 cut.  I don't care if Lock isn't ready to succeed Week 1 - we can suffer through an entire year at QB and be better off than waste a year with Joe "statue mode perma-engaged" Flacco as our QB.  It's not just the $$, it's the wasted snaps when our O needs to evolve beyond what Flacco's limitations prevent us from doing (and yes, so does our OL pass blocking, too).  

Totally agree with cutting Flacco in 2020. Ok, were starting Drew Lock at QB, have to do it sometime, right ? If he has some success we have our QBOTF establishing himself. If not, we set ourselves up to draft Trevor Lawrence right ??

• Like 1

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Totally agree with cutting Flacco in 2020. Ok, were starting Drew Lock at QB, have to do it sometime, right ? If he has some success we have our QBOTF establishing himself. If not, we set ourselves up to draft Trevor Lawrence right ??

We'd have to be amazingly awful to get Lawrence in 2021.  So many other teams are going to be doing it.  We'd have to be operating our O at a legendary all-time level of badness.

So, yes, there's a chance....lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As long as Elway doesn't make any headscratcher extensions (Simmons is literally the only guy I'd consider), it's likely we have more than 13.6M of rollover.  In that case, it's just a paper exercise.   Even if he uses say 6M of the 17M left for extensions, the net effect of the 13.6M restructure will be minimal.

Also we will get more cap with more trades crossing fingers. I actually like shelby Harris at end in this scheme.

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Well then sign me the f up . And trade Bolles for a 4th to Miami lol if they decide to go qb.

I will caveat that by saying I am in no way shape or form an OL expert.  But I know an athlete when I see one - and Wirfs is as fluid and mobile as they come.  Plays within himself, knows what to do, stays in control - everything you would want except for that mauling finish in the run game. 

Just now, DiehardBronxFan said:

I will caveat that by saying I am in no way shape or form an OL expert.  But I know an athlete when I see one - and Wirfs is as fluid and mobile as they come.  Plays within himself, knows what to do, stays in control - everything you would want except for that mauling finish in the run game. 

I don't know what we do withJames.

.but getting Wirfs Risner (natural zbs center) McGovern ( James in pencil)

You're looking at an upgraded offense with that alone. We could run left dominantly. 

A few thoughts. 

-Flacco is here collecting a paycheck and finding a nice place to raise his family. I’ve thought that from the get-go. The fact he, of all people, he who has his ring and $100 million in the bank, is willing to call out Scangarello says more than enough.

-I know some in the fanbase and on the radio think trading everyone is as easy as it is in video games. But it’s not. 

-Derek Wolfe can still play. He has pride and is a great Bronco. I don’t care who they trade but he can’t be one. He leads by example and the fact he plays the way he does is worth more than some late-round flier they’d get in return. 

-Munchak is the most overrated coach I’ve ever seen. I’m embarrassed for advocating him for HC. Talk about collecting a paycheck and finding a place for a family. 

-Joe Ellis remains this franchise’s biggest problem. Until he either leaves entirely or is removed to position of ZERO significance, we will remain mired in this abyss. Elway, for all his faults, should salvage his reputation and get on one of the 2 lifeboats which has yet to launch from this Titanic. 

• Like 1

Yeah, saw the Flacco interview have no problem with it the guy is competitive he's not collecting a check.

It's a new Jersey thing. He gets criticized for speaking his mind and gets criticized for being cool Joe.

Guy literally can't win and maybe he shouldn't the team sucks in general. He admitted as much.

Anyone ever think this is why he's level headed in games you don't wanna see this Joe.