Patriots acquire Mohammed Sanu for 2nd Round pick

SteelKing728

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

About time the Pats overpaid for something!

Sanu is not worth a 2nd, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but he doesn't seem to be the same player.

I don't get this point of view. This year Sanu is on pace to break his career receptions mark for a season, with his highest catch percentage ever (78.6%). The 2019 version of him is quite productive. 

This guy is a big ol' receiver, gonna be a dangerous red zone target for Brady.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

Dude is solid and not part of the problem. Gonna miss him.

I hope the rebuild will be fast enough to get Ryan another shot at a ring. Dude deserves one.

He does. I always pull for guys like him to get a ring. Guys who have been very good players for a while but haven't quite gotten over the hump. 

25 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah, the reason Miami, the Bills, and the Jets have been so bad is because they play the Pats twice a year...

You don’t think being compared to the most successful franchise adds pressure to their front offices, coaches, and players and puts them on a much shorter leash?

25 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

You don’t think being compared to the most successful franchise adds pressure to their front offices, coaches, and players and puts them on a much shorter leash?

They're not even as bad as he's making out. The facts show that the AFC E is the middle division if you take the pats out (in terms of beating other Divs).

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

how do you know? Pats would have paid less if he could have been had for a 3rd but it appears we were desperate and Falcons wanted a 2nd. So we either wouldn't get anybody or overpay for Sanu

I'd wager the sentiment was born out of this inexplicable compulsion, or so it seems, of GM's across the league to help you guys out by trading highly useful players to the Pats at bargain basement cost.  If anything, I want to give props to Dimitroff for bucking the trend.

Just now, The LBC said:

I'd wager the sentiment was born out of this inexplicable compulsion, or so it seems, of GM's across the league to help you guys out by trading highly useful players to the Pats at bargain basement cost.  If anything, I want to give props to Dimitroff for bucking the trend.

Maybe this is the first one that is immediately obvious as a useful player? 

I can just see the GM of the Lions trading KVN to us, winking and elbowing his guys saying 'got this sucka'.....lol

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Maybe this is the first one that is immediately obvious as a useful player? 

I can just see the GM of the Lions trading KVN to us, winking and elbowing his guys saying 'got this sucka'.....lol

Engh.  The guys don't even have to go on to be stars for them to be useful players.  My point is more that maybe, just maybe, the issue was less that these players (Danny Shelton, KVN, even going to the likes of Shea McLellin) weren't the busts they were perceived to be by the teams that drafted them due to a misevaluation of talent, but rather an inability (or lack of proficiency) of the coaching staff they were originally given over to  to use them correctly.

43 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Hah. If the pressure of being "compared" to a successful divisional opponent causes you to buckle under the pressure and not do your job, you have no business being employed by the NFL. That goes for coaches, front office, and players.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Would you ever consider that you're being harsh on Miami, NYJ and BUF? That they're not actually as bad as people think over the span of time since BB and TB were in the league?

How has the rest of the AFC East performed vs other divisions since 2000? This is what happens when you take the best team in the division away

Division W - L - T      Win Pct        Best Team

NFC East  421 - 442 - 1  .487   Eagles (172-115-1)

NFC South  421 - 441 - 2  .487  Saints (157-131-0)

AFC West  401 - 463 - 0  .464  Broncos (169-119-0)

AFC East  395 - 469 - 0  .457  Patriots (214-74-0)

AFC North  389 - 472 - 3  .450  Steelers (188-99-1)

NFC North  389 - 474 - 1  .450  Packers (178-109-1)

AFC South  368 - 464 - 0  .442  Colts (180-108-0)

NFC West  382 - 479 - 3  .442  Seahawks (161-126-1)

They're unfairly maligned. 

No matter how many times this gets posted it will be ignored 

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

A 2nd round pick???? What?

Number 64 though... realistically it’s a 3rd rounder. It seems a high price to pay but Looking at the cap hit its kind of explainable. Cheap, reliable, and smart enough to grasp what Brady needs him to do. 

6 hours ago, mse326 said:

The debate over whether this is too much or not is partly due to the skewed value of draft picks in trades because of the "potential"

If you look through the 2nd round of draft after draft and consider the successes with the failures and everything in between, Sanu is probably equal to an average 2nd rounder. But because of what the potential for a 2nd rounder is the draft pick is seen as having more value.

So how you feel about this depends on how you view it. If you view it based on the league value of a 2nd round pick it's probably too high. But it is also speculation that they could have done better. On the other hand if you look at it as Sanu vs the expected player drafted this is probably pretty solid and gets a slight boost since they get him now and he is already ready to play

Right? I mean yes, you can land Keenan Allen with a late 2nd-early 3rd but you can also select Mike Williams with a top ten pick. Draft picks are such a crapshoot but man we love to overvalue them. 

57 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Hah. If the pressure of being "compared" to a successful divisional opponent causes you to buckle under the pressure and not do your job, you have no business being employed by the NFL. That goes for coaches, front office, and players.

You completely missed the point.

Its not that the players and coaches are buckling under the pressure....it’s that being in the same division as one of if not the most successful sports franchise ever, makes your time allowed for success shorter than others and scrutiny much more prevalent.

I think that’s a large reason there’s so much turnover in the division.