Patriots acquire Mohammed Sanu for 2nd Round pick

SteelKing728

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, granted, but Sanu is a merely solid receiver in his thirties... when I saw this,  I assumed the Patriots were giving up a late rounder,  a 5th at the most.  

We'll take it. We are throwing to two undrafted receivers, so we've upgraded. It is too expensive though yes.

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

The amount of pass afforded to the Pat's is astonishing. Any other team in the league gives up a 2nd for sanu and this place will be bashing the hell of them. But it's the Pat's. It's all good. 

Yeah, when you’re in the super bowl almost every year you tend to get some slack. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, when you’re in the super bowl almost every year you tend to get some slack. 

Which is kinda silly. Pats have drafted busts and made bad trades during there dynasty. But since that got Brady and BB it's like people cant see them. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Which is kinda silly. Pats have drafted busts and made bad trades during there dynasty. But since that got Brady and BB it's like people cant see them. 

Yes and no. It’s silly because they’re afforded the luxury to make bad trades and draft picks without criticism but also they’re afforded that luxury because they just keep winning. The system they have works and they take castoffs and mid-round picks, turn them into good players in their system and then move on from them for picks and compensation picks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

This is just as meh as the player/draft maneuver they likely would have pulled. So, whatever.

I don't HATE the trade... but I kinda strongly dislike it.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Sanu, while coordinated and pretty versatile, is okay at a lot of stuff and good/great at none of it. Glorified gadget receiver. Never been a fan, and this seems like a McDaniels move since he can't use his brain productively for anything besides spread offenses and trick plays.

30 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Sanu wont be the reason they win or lose a ring. Lol. Stop it. 

I mean... if they could have traded that second round pick for a better receiver? Or a better player at any other position? Or just not traded a second rounder now and waited until the draft to either package it to move up or trade it away for a better future pick?

36 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

The amount of pass afforded to the Pat's is astonishing. Any other team in the league gives up a 2nd for sanu and this place will be bashing the hell of them. But it's the Pat's. It's all good. 

You left out the part where they’ve actually earned that pass though.