Sanuuuu

Hunter2_1

Yeah, let's not forget we could wake up one day to the news that Gordon has been cut, and we wouldn't be surprised.

Edelman is hurt clearly, no healthy TE is up with Brady's clock yet, Burkhead is made of cookies, Harry is...what...?  So yeah, good roster move. The cost is another discussion.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, let's not forget we could wake up one day to the news that Gordon has been cut, and we wouldn't be surprised.

Edelman is hurt clearly, no healthy TE is up with Brady's clock yet, Burkhead is made of cookies, Harry is...what...?  So yeah, good roster move. The cost is another discussion.

Cost is a bit high but what were the other options really?

why are you guys worried so much about cost though? It's gonna be a late 2nd round pick (almost like an early 3rd Round pick) and you guys anyways already have 12 picks in next draft. There is always some uncertainty surrounding Gordon...so it's good to have another decent receiver on roster who can also be a downfield threat, especially when offense seems to be one slight weakness (relative in comparison to that defense) of your team who are currently SB favorites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

why are you guys worried so much about cost though?

I guess we're looking at potential help at areas like OL and TE. Second is a good time to address it.

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

It's gonna be a late 2nd round pick (almost like an early 3rd Round pick) and you guys anyways already have 12 picks in next draft. There is always some uncertainty surrounding Gordon...so it's good to have another decent receiver on roster who can also be a downfield threat, especially when offense seems to be one slight weakness (relative in comparison to that defense) of your team who are currently SB favorites.

All true. I think it's worth it, and we actually NEED a solid receiver in now.

Serious question - popped into my head last night and I couldn't think of an answer - when was the last time a Pats WR caught a jump-ball? I don't remember. Even Gordon, I don't recall him ever elevating, boxing a guy out and high-pointing the ball. You need that in the RZ.

....can Sanu do that?

36 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Serious question - popped into my head last night and I couldn't think of an answer - when was the last time a Pats WR caught a jump-ball? I don't remember. Even Gordon, I don't recall him ever elevating, boxing a guy out and high-pointing the ball. You need that in the RZ.

....can Sanu do that?

If I remember correctly, isn’t that part of Harry’s game?  I seem to recall a bunch of that in his highlights 

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

....can Sanu do that?

Sanu can sorta do it, but Gordon has done it several times for the Pats too.

14 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

....I applaud the effort you went to make me look like an idiot. That's top work.

Still, without Gordon (whether he's phoning it in, or injured) that element of the game is lacking.

He is definitely injured, but also definitely struggling mentally since week 1 with something. Saw it in warm up while I was at the game and throughout. Still made plays that night and after, but yeah, Gordon has something else besides his knee going on.

Sanu, despite the relatively high cost, is essentially replacing Gordon and likely being everything the Patriots hoped Gordon would be on a consistent basis, (minus the elite size).

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

....I applaud the effort you went to make me look like an idiot. That's top work.

Still, without Gordon (whether he's phoning it in, or injured) that element of the game is lacking.

Just wanted to remind everyone, because man has that been missing when he has actually been on the field lately. I feel like without a seam threat, Gordon is getting more outside attention. Especially with Julian hobbled. 

Not the sexiest pick up. Would have preferred a TE (Howard) or a LT (Williams) but I know those guys were probably not attainable (cap hits too large, price too high). Also with K'Neal and Gordon possibly being available in the next couple weeks I didn't think WR was a long term need.

Not that I'm unhappy with the move. I much rather have a known commodity over a 2nd round pick that has a good chance of being a bust anyway. Hopefully Sanu gives us an instant spark on offense.

2 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Not the sexiest pick up. Would have preferred a TE (Howard) or a LT (Williams) but I know those guys were probably not attainable (cap hits too large, price too high). Also with K'Neal and Gordon possibly being available in the next couple weeks I didn't think WR was a long term need.

Not that I'm unhappy with the move. I much rather have a known commodity over a 2nd round pick that has a good chance of being a bust anyway. Hopefully Sanu gives us an instant spark on offense.

Honestly think Sanu is going to play more of a role of back filling for Edelman.  Edelman is clearly not 100% and who knows if he will be the rest fo the year, Sanu is a guy who can go over the middle and move the chains.  Too much of that burden has been Edelman with Gronk gone this year and he’s banged up. 

Gordon and N’Keal are big play outside guys who are both upgrades over Dorset (as solid as Dorset is). 

That group of 4 + Dorset and Meyers for depth is a good group 

Edited by mission27
  • Like 1