Week 8 GDT: Bucs(2-4) @ Titans(3-4)

ttitansfan4life

11 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Corey Davis, AJ Brown, and Jonnu Smith need to be the features of the offense with Humphries as the chain-mover. We need to abandon the idea that the offense runs through Derrick Henry and run it through those three and let Henry finish them off when we have a lead in the 4th quarter.

The offense has to stop the pre-snap penalties. Those are drive killers.

I don't mind using a FB or 2TE formation, the 3TE formations have to go.

Arthur Smith has to go. If Vrabel doesn't realize that sooner, rather than later, he will need to go as well. If Smith is running an offense that he approves of he just needs to go. Zero reason to have 3 TEs on the field this often with the WR stable that we have. Zero.

33 passing attempts vs 16 rushing attempts. With a 66%/33% split, I wouldn't say they were trying to run the offense through Henry today.

Was at the game 

We have no idea how to successfully run an offense. 

I really don't know what we trying o achieve. 

Luckily Winston sucks or we might have had only one good drive. 

Defense stopped the bleeding when it needed to. Got tough in the redzone. 

Seeing it liveTanny missed some throws. I think the all-22 will show that. 

It's like Henry has only about 4 good run plays he can successfully run.  That fumble sucked. 

Our WRs were blanketed all day. 

Vrabel doing his best to tank. Trying to get MVP Kern killed. 

Just now, Andrei01 said:

33 passing attempts vs 16 rushing attempts. With a 66%/33% split, I wouldn't say they were trying to run the offense through Henry today.

They want to run it through him. It just wasn't there. Started a lot of second downs with 11 yards to go because outside of two running plays we probably lost yardage in the ground game.

And if you're not running it, why are you coming out with 3 TEs at that high of a percentage?

3 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

How many of those runs were on 1st down that put us behind the sticks though? That’s the problem.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

They want to run it through him. It just wasn't there. Started a lot of second downs with 11 yards to go because outside of two running plays we probably lost yardage in the ground game.

And if you're not running it, why are you coming out with 3 TEs at that high of a percentage?

I just don't think that was that big of a problem today. He's supposed to be a workhorse RB, so of course he will see touches on 1st down. I actually think today they understood pretty well when it was time to give him those touches on 1st down and when not to. There was a deep shot off of PA to Davis in the EZ, at least one more deep shot to Davis that Tanny missed and another to Firkser that I remember being called on 1st down. I understand most, if not all of us, want him fired but I just don't have much of an issue with the game he called today. Just like last week.

1 minute ago, Andrei01 said:

I just don't think that was that big of a problem today. He's supposed to be a workhorse RB, so of course he will see touches on 1st down. I actually think today they understood pretty well when it was time to give him those touches on 1st down and when not to. There was a deep shot off of PA to Davis in the EZ, at least one more deep shot to Davis that Tanny missed and another to Firkser that I remember being called on 1st down. I understand most, if not all of us, want him fired but I just don't have much of an issue with the game he called today. Just like last week.

You're probably going to be alone on that one as we are 10% below the league average in 11 personnel and one of the league leaders in 13 personnel. 13 personnel isn't something a lot of us want to see, especially passing out of it.

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Yeah, I find you insane lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

How many of those runs were on 1st down that put us behind the sticks though? That’s the problem.

4, by my count. Same numbers of big runs he would've had on 1st down if the 42 yarder wasn't taken away from him. I'm happy with a 1:1 ratio of 15+ vs -1 yard runs on 1st down.

6 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

You're probably going to be alone on that one as we are 10% below the league average in 11 personnel and one of the league leaders in 13 personnel. 13 personnel isn't something a lot of us want to see, especially passing out of it.

And I understand. Again, not my favorite type of personnel choice either, but that decision goes beyond him for once. And secondly, if it works, I really don't have a problem with it. Today I thought it was just fine.

5 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

And I understand. Again, not my favorite type of personnel choice either, but that decision goes beyond him for once. And secondly, if it works, I really don't have a problem with it. Today I thought it was just fine.

It wasn't really working. The only long TD drive we had featured the WRs, not the TEs.

If the offense was clicking and didn't need to get the ball on the 5 yard line to score people wouldn't be complaining about it. 

Well they would, just not literally every single person lol.

And you're right, it does go above him. If this is something Vrabel wants to feature, Mycole Pruitt in over Davis and Humphries on 2nd and 11 and passing, then I don't want Vrabel as a HC.

Edited by TitanSS