Week 8 GDT: Bucs(2-4) @ Titans(3-4)

ttitansfan4life

13 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I don’t know how anyone can disagree. He’s a low end #2 at best. He’s getting outperformed by a rookie second rounder, and he’s a top 5 pick in his third season. Never makes a play you don’t expect a WR to make. 

You put him with a Elite QB & watch he’s easily a 12-1400 yards WR, there’s film on him beating some of the best Corners in football. The titans offense is that bad, prime ex look how Amari Cooper game has changed since he’s got traded from the raiders. As for Brown out shinning Davis at times Brown has the luxury of going against the opposing teams #2 Corner. Now I agree with you he hasn’t lived up to his selection as a #5 pick not even close but I blame the titans, as I’ve said before Davis shouldn’t have been the pick because we have changed our identity as a run 1st offense. 

Edited by TitanRedd

38 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You put him with a Elite QB & watch he’s easily a 12-1400 yards WR, there’s film on him beating some of the best Corners in football. The titans offense is that bad, prime ex look how Amari Cooper game has changed since he’s got traded from the raiders. As for Brown out shinning Davis at times Brown has the luxury of going against the opposing teams #2 Corner. Now I agree with you he hasn’t lived up to his selection as a #5 pick not even close but I blame the titans, as I’ve said before Davis shouldn’t have been the pick because we have changed our identity as a run 1st offense. 

Brown hasn't outshined Davis at all. Him contributing this early is just a suprise, so it's more focused on. Their stats are about the exact same.

Simple explanation, they're both pretty good.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I don’t know how anyone can disagree. He’s a low end #2 at best. He’s getting outperformed by a rookie second rounder, and he’s a top 5 pick in his third season. Never makes a play you don’t expect a WR to make. 

Idk how you can come to that conclusion unless your listening to Blake Beddingfield’d evaluation, and that dude is a certified clown. WR production is so closely tied to QB play and ours has been amongst the worst in the league. Our offense is also not WR friendly at all.

He’s easily capable of being a very good number 1 WR. He’s averaging over 3 yards (I believe I read it was 3.3 to be exact) of separation but our QB’s can’t deliver the ball to him. He had a deep ball thrown to him along the left sideline today where he had atleast 2 steps on the defender and Tannehill overthrew him. 

This thread also doesn’t highlight how excellent of a blocker he is which is a ridiculously underrated trait of his.

Defense once again came up with a big stop to seal the win. Let Evans abuse them but overall defense was adequate but not great.

Offensively, Tannehill did enough to win red zone offense was successful. Arthur Smith and whoever is responsible for the endless three tight end sets should be fired. Only time we should run those is when for sure running the ball for short yardage. They are useless and it doesn't work. We can't run the ball consistently anyways. Jonnu Smith is looking good among the TEs and Firkser is fine to sprinkle in. However, Smith does not sprinkle the TE sets he downright drenches us in them. Brutal. This offense needs to become three wide and spread out more to be successful. This needs to be a pass to set up the run offense.

Also setting up the best punter in the league to take a hit like that is a damn disgrace. What an idiotic move one of our most consistent stars and you call that moronic play? Terrible.

Glad the Titans are back to 4-4 still in the thick of things. However, it is evident the playcalling is atrocious and the offense has to succeed in spite of it not because if it. Just terrible. #FireArt

Edited by Titan89

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Sounds about right.

43 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I swear I don’t understand how can they continue to be this stupid makes no sense 

At some point this has to fall on Vrabel though. He literally needs to put a collage together of all these dumb *** sets and plays, pull Art in his office, and tell him to trash all the bull ****.

4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Every Sunday he gets worse & worse from stupid to dumb 😩🤣

No lie after the failed fake punt I was ready to call for Vrabels job if they Titans were to have lost that game

This guy constantly out thinks himself and just doesn’t seem to have a feel for this team like he did last year

Hes lucky the Defense bailed him out but he really needs to start thinking smarter, he literally could have gotten the MVP of this team injured in a bad way with that dumb call

• Like 1