Week 8 GDT: Bucs(2-4) @ Titans(3-4)

ttitansfan4life

On 10/26/2019 at 1:39 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

Tannehill has another good game... Goes for 400 yards with CD and AJ both over 100.

So close on this prediction! Just a couple more downs and we woulda gotten there... O.o

A win should be a win... But we keep winning in spite of coaching. It's ridiculous... We may end up with a winning record and may keep the coaching staff intact... Cuz continuity, don't ya know?! 

This should be no different than the Mularkey scenario... He needs to replace/upgrade the OC.. And needs to be fired if he refuses. But it won't happen until at least the offseason (maybe our bye week?) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

So close on this prediction! Just a couple more downs and we woulda gotten there... O.o

A win should be a win... But we keep winning in spite of coaching. It's ridiculous... We may end up with a winning record and may keep the coaching staff intact... Cuz continuity, don't ya know?! 

This should be no different than the Mularkey scenario... He needs to replace/upgrade the OC.. And needs to be fired if he refuses. But it won't happen until at least the offseason (maybe our bye week?) 

100% agree with this. Nothing will happen until the offseason, but if he thinks Arthur Smith is running a desirable offense in the NFL, he can go with him.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Those contested throws didn't turn out too well today. 

Living that life isn't sustainable. 

We need better play design so bad. 

forget play design, at this point i'd settle for actually putting our best receivers on the goddamn field.

there is no reason not to go with davis, brown, humphries, and jonnu the majority of the time. none. at all. instead we're splitting mycole pruitt out wide. it defies sanity.

16 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

forget play design, at this point i'd settle for actually putting our best receivers on the goddamn field.

there is no reason not to go with davis, brown, humphries, and jonnu the majority of the time. none. at all. instead we're splitting mycole pruitt out wide. it defies sanity.

You didn’t even mention the worst of it. Motioning DERRICK HENRY out wide. What the actual **** is that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I mean he hired Arthur in the first place...do we really even believe he’s gonna bring in somebody that’s actually good? Are we sure Vrabel even knows what’s going on on the offensive side of the ball? I’m not even close to convinced that he does. He has 0 history of ever being involved with anything offensively.

Edited by dtait93

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

You didn’t even mention the worst of it. Motioning DERRICK HENRY out wide. What the actual **** is that.

I like that he motioned Henry would like to see Henry create mismatches sometimes I always felt he can be used as a TE here & there on some creativeness catch a defense off guard 

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

I mean he hired Arthur in the first place...do we really even believe he’s gonna bring in somebody that’s actually good? Are we sure Vrabel even knows what’s going on on the offensive side of the ball? I’m not even close to convinced that he does. He has 0 history of ever being involved with anything offensively.

That's why I've mentioned he needs to hire an experienced offensive mind and play caller... I mentioned Gruden before... Someone like that...even someone like Mularkey... Someone that can take over that side of the ball like Pees has on D, and who can give us a couple/few years of continuity. 

I give him credit for Lafleur still. He had a broken Mariota to work with, but he obviously did good with what we gave him, resulting in the Packers HC job (and a 7-1 record right now). We knew he was a "hot" HC candidate, we just didn't know how quickly he'd be gone. Vrabel's biggest failure last season was not getting a positional coach who was ready to take over for Lafleur. His qb coach his was a joke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

I like that he motioned Henry would like to see Henry create mismatches sometimes I always felt he can be used as a TE here & there on some creativeness catch a defense off guard 

If he can barely catch a screen I have zero reason to believe he can catch anything split out wide. He goes from a legitimate threat in the backfield to basically being able to be ignored.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

133 snaps for receivers, 118 for tight ends. Unbelievable.

What’s worse though, our 3rd and 4th string TE’s only playing 3 less snaps than our starting boundary WR’s? Or our 3rd and 4th string TE’s playing 8 more snaps than our starting slot receiver?

2 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

What’s worse though, our 3rd and 4th string TE’s only playing 3 less snaps than our starting boundary WR’s? Or our 3rd and 4th string TE’s playing 8 more snaps than our starting slot receiver?

Against the worst pass defense in football, it’s all worse. Every part of it is worse.

26 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

If he can barely catch a screen I have zero reason to believe he can catch anything split out wide. He goes from a legitimate threat in the backfield to basically being able to be ignored.

You only get good at some working on your weaknesses that’s football. That’s like saying if a QB isn’t good throwing it deep I only want him throwing intermediate passes, but when it’s time to challenge defenses vertically he can’t hit the side of a barn.. 

26 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You only get good at some working on your weaknesses that’s football. That’s like saying if a QB isn’t good throwing it deep I only want him throwing intermediate passes, but when it’s time to challenge defenses vertically he can’t hit the side of a barn.. 

Apples and oranges. Henry is never going to be a threat catching balls outside the numbers. It’s year 5 and he still needs to work on catching passes that are thrown 5 yards from him before he even thinks about working on catching passes thrown 20 yards from him.