Realistic Trades before deadline

IrishHooligan00

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Not doing anything and accepting our seasons over would be a mistake. 

This team is so far behind everyone else in the NFC it's not even funny. We might not even be a top 10 team in the NFC, but sure lets go and piss away future resources trying to throw up a hail mary of limping into the playoffs to be ousted in the first round. 

If we were competitive last Sunday I might be with you on that. But right now there's nothing to suggest this team should realistically have Super Bowl aspirations this season.

Just now, Kiltman said:

I’d trade for a Robbie Anderson level talent who we can stick with the team and save us the necessity of picking that position early.

but it’s very situational

Sure if players with years remaining on their current deals are just be given away for less than they're really worth then by all means. But most of these guys are going to go for more than would be ok to pay for them. It always happens around the trade deadline.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

This team is so far behind everyone else in the NFC it's not even funny. We might not even be a top 10 team in the NFC, but sure lets go and piss away future resources trying to throw up a hail mary of limping into the playoffs to be ousted in the first round. 

If we were competitive last Sunday I might be with you on that. But right now there's nothing to suggest this team should realistically have Super Bowl aspirations this season.

We miss on almost all our 3rd rounders+ Id rsther trade for someone who can help not just this season but next 2 or 3 rather then draft a highly potential bust. Ex Ramsay, id trade 2 1sts all day for a proven top player like that. 

Just now, Danger said:

Sure if players with years remaining on their current deals are just be given away for less than they're really worth then by all means. But most of these guys are going to go for more than would be ok to pay for them. It always happens around the trade deadline.

Yep, so we probably shouldn’t be talking trades.

but if we can swing in and undercut a contender team and get someone helpful do it. Our pick looking to be in the middle of the round now will help that.

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

We miss on almost all our 3rd rounders+ Id rsther trade for someone who can help not just this season but next 2 or 3 rather then draft a highly potential bust. Ex Ramsay, id trade 2 1sts all day for a proven top player like that. 

Just because you've invested your money poorly in the past doesn't mean you should go and spend it all on hookers and blow. 

We have far too many holes to be trading away all of our best assets for one Corner, a low priority position in the grand scheme of things.

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Trading that much for a corner would’ve been a mistake and I’m glad Howie showed restraint 

1 minute ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I heard gossip about E Sanders from Denver potentially. 

On a side note, I really love how New England got Sanu... :( 

Go Birds

MC

Did we not learn our lesson with Golden Tate? So now we're going for an even older Golden Tate when we have a lesser team.