Week 8 GDT - Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Watching the game as I type this...

But that's the point I was getting to. My buddy thinks Brunskill looks better than Skuke and will be the better option as the swing tackle for the future. As Forge pointed out, I don't think you can really judge either, as Shanny's is dialing up plays to cover up both guys and not expose them to being on a island. Could be a interesting development to watch unfold over the next off-season. I do think Skule, from the naked eye, has given up more pressures/sacks but I'd have to dive more into film to really judge accordingly. 

My philosophy on this - it doesn't really matter. Both (along with Shanahan's gameplans) have proven that they can be suitable replacements if we end up losing a tackle for a significant period of time. Skule is cheap for another 3 years. Brunskill is an ERFA so we can control him cheaply for two more seasons. Brunskill also can play along the interior, so we can keep both around and have decent depth along the OL for a few years. Whoever comes in first really doesn't matter to me. I know we can get away with either of them without really panicking. 

On 10/30/2019 at 10:19 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

If we can refine Skule's and Brunskill's pass-blocking, we might be okay at OT for a little while...which is a nice situation. Still, need IOL to compete with Person. He isn't terrible, but I am certain he is the weakest link of our starters on the OL.

I really like the development of Skule and Brunskill. They've really stepped up big time and are helping to make the o-line a very deep group. I think Brunskill started as a guard? If so, it would be nice to see him kick inside when needed to keep his snaps up, especially in rushing situations. 

I don't think Person has been that bad this year. He was the best interior blocker on the team last year, so if he's the weakest link this year, I think that bodes real well for the o-line in general. I think it needs to be said that Tomlinson has been a beast this year and has gotten better each year he's been with the 49ers. What a great trade that turned out to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't think Person has been that bad this year. He was the best interior blocker on the team last year, so if he's the weakest link this year, I think that bodes real well for the o-line in general. I think it needs to be said that Tomlinson has been a beast this year and has gotten better each year he's been with the 49ers. What a great trade that turned out to be.

There's a whole lot of thumbs up in this paragraph especially, but really the entirety of the post.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yes, Person's a pretty crafty guy. He doesn't wow with power, but he's smart and generally sound. 

THIS was a fun look inside Bosa's calm demeanor. It will probably start at the beginning but at 4:35.. I just LOVE everything about the response.

So fun to watch. He is so relaxed and laid back, almost seems to be sleepy....but not on the field!