We lose yet? Week 8 GDT: Eagles vs Bills

EaglesPeteC

We should turn the injury-pool thread into a dumb Philly fandom narratives thread

Im shocked not one person has blamed Ertz’ disappearance this year on him going to Europe for the Women’s World Cup to watch his wife... my money is on that in week 12

6 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

He’s probably out for the year. Guy should’ve gotten surgery 

This. No idea how this wasn't a more cut and dry decision. Option A) Get surgery, be out 8ish weeks, come back 100%, forget about it. Option B) Don't get surgery, be out  at least 6 weeks, come back 75% at most, likely struggle to play week to week for the rest of the season. It's a ****ing no brainer dude. What a moronic decision to make.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:
22 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

what happened to Miles Sanders?

He likes to do 3 or 4 jukes that in no way fool the defender, then get tackled anyways.

Yep he still thinks the NFL is Penn St competition. Sad really given how dangerous he is in space and the passing game?

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This. No idea how this wasn't a more cut and dry decision. Option A) Get surgery, be out 8ish weeks, come back 100%, forget about it. Option B) Don't get surgery, be out  at least 6 weeks, come back 75% at most, likely struggle to play week to week for the rest of the season. It's a ****ing no brainer dude. What a moronic decision to make.

Because your not thinking like DeSean! You want him to get the one thing that might negate his speed and or availability for this team? He like numerous players before him opted for the wait and see/hope approach rather then the Guaranteed 8 weeks being out instead! Unfortunately his gamble lost, that's all. Not surprising to me in the least really. Just Unfortunate!

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Because your not thinking like DeSean! You want him to get the one thing that might negate his speed and or availability for this team? He like numerous players before him opted for the wait and see/hope approach rather then the Guaranteed 8 weeks being out instead! Unfortunately his gamble lost, that's all. Not surprising to me in the least really. Just Unfortunate!

If I was given those 2 options, which I'm sure those are the two options that were given to him, I'd say give me the surgery. At least then, I KNOW, I'm coming back at some point 100%. I would hope the Eagles heavily recommended surgery in the first place, knowing full well this is what would happen if he didn't get it. Utterly ridiculous all around. Wish I was his doctor.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If I was given those 2 options, which I'm sure those are the two options that were given to him, I'd say give me the surgery. At least then, I KNOW, I'm coming back at some point 100%. I would hope the Eagles heavily recommended surgery in the first place, knowing full well this is what would happen if he didn't get it. Utterly ridiculous all around. Wish I was his doctor.

No such thing as a guarantee with surgery. If there's any chance you can avoid the surgery and recover without it, I think most players are taking that chance. Like Nabbs said, just unfortunate for all parties. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

No such thing as a guarantee with surgery. If there's any chance you can avoid the surgery and recover without it, I think most players are taking that chance. Like Nabbs said, just unfortunate for all parties. 

Yeah but I don't think there was any chance he was gonna recover without it though. Like fully recover. If the protruded tissue needed sewn back together, that's a no brainer for me. Regardless, the offense shouldn't look this lost without DeSean. That's on Groh and Doug.