We lose yet? Week 8 GDT: Eagles vs Bills

EaglesPeteC

Chris Long Chimes in On Eagles Controversy

Listen, if I was him, and there’s people in the building talking about the franchise quarterback to reporters? If you’ve got a problem, come say it to me. And a lot of people tried to make last year’s leak, there was a big article [from PhillyVoice] questioning his leadership and his decision-making, etcetera. They tried to make it an Alshon thing. They tried to make it — a source told me that it wasn’t Alshon. Last year. Now, this year, there’s the Josina thing, which is disappointing again. And people are trying to make it Alshon. […] I’m disappointed with any player that has an issue with a teammate and doesn’t go to that teammate and goes to a reporter. There have been situations where reporters have come to me because I’m media friendly and tried to get me to sink people or sink coaches and I just don’t do it. Because it’s bull****, that’s not the way you do things. And, especially if you want your team to be successful, you have a man-to-man conversation with the person you think is the problem, if you think they’re the problem. And, by the way, Carson is not the problem in Philadelphia. He’s just not.”

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/10/23/20928348/chris-long-carson-wentz-eagles-ryen-russillo-podcast-philadelphia-quarterback-nfl-ringer-interview

Now, can we stop talking about cutting our best wide receiver, who by the way is not being targeted as much?

I understand the Josina connection which leads to speculation that it was him. But I honestly don't think it was. People forget he was thrilled to come in and play with Wentz, even called him a future MVP before Wentz had his monster year. I have seen social media posts of them going to Sixers games together, they were seen in practice stretching/working out together.

Judging by the lack of effort, I have a strong feeling the player complaining is someone in the offensive line.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

Alshon hasn't even been good this year frankly. Definitely not worth the money he's making. Injured or not.

How has he been bad? I'm curious. 

He cant throw the ball to himself and is on pace for 7 TDs + 1 "rushing" TD and is still reliable on 3rd down. When targeted, hes been our only WR making plays.

2 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

How has he been bad? I'm curious. 

He cant throw the ball to himself and is on pace for 7 TDs + 1 "rushing" TD and is still reliable on 3rd down. When targeted, hes been our only WR making plays.

He's basically a 60 speed on Madden, when he does catch the ball he goes out of bounds and he has made a lot of receiver errors (Balls he is absolutely capable of catching but hasn't). I wouldn't even call him a top 30 receiver this season personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

He's basically a 60 speed on Madden, when he does catch the ball he goes out of bounds and he has made a lot of receiver errors (Balls he is absolutely capable of catching but hasn't). I wouldn't even call him a top 30 receiver this season personally.

He's never had speed, but in the past he made the tough catches he isn't making this year. Are they drops? No, but they're plays that a big bodied, slower, WR has to make if he wants to come close to justifying his pay. 

Still a beast in the red zone, no doubt about that, but has been average to mediocre everywhere else...

22 hours ago, DeJack_10 said:

Chris Long Chimes in On Eagles Controversy

Now, can we stop talking about cutting our best wide receiver, who by the way is not being targeted as much?

20 hours ago, Danger said:

Alshon hasn't even been good this year frankly. Definitely not worth the money he's making. Injured or not.

I understand the "tallest midget" argument in front of my but why the hell are we worried about Alshon and not more focused on the lack of depth.

I hate to be the first guy to put this on Howie but it's on him. Desean was a solid signing who should have been expected to miss time based on his history. Hollins is a special teams guy, JJAW is an unproven draft pick who shouldn't have expectations. I think Howie choosing to go into the season with only 5 WRs on the roster and not add another guy was a mistake. That said, the guys who are here do need to produce better.

5 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I understand the "tallest midget" argument in front of my but why the hell are we worried about Alshon and not more focused on the lack of depth.

I hate to be the first guy to put this on Howie but it's on him. Desean was a solid signing who should have been expected to miss time based on his history. Hollins is a special teams guy, JJAW is an unproven draft pick who shouldn't have expectations. I think Howie choosing to go into the season with only 5 WRs on the roster and not add another guy was a mistake. That said, the guys who are here do need to produce better.

Because Alshon has been nowhere near worth the money he's making this year and is getting older fast. 

Not having expectations for JJAW is ridiculous. He dropped a pass earlier in the year and hasn't played much so you're just going to write him off already? Philly fans are give up on players far too easily.

40 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

He's bad. Can't connect with anything over 10 yards. Unfortunately for us we'll be playing or CBs 15 yards off the WRs....

Has he been? Seemed to be ok the little bit I’ve watched this year...but haven’t gone out of my way to pay attention I guess