Denver trades WR Emmanuel Sanders to 49ers

RaidersAreOne

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

I was more referring to the WR position. Though I just heard that Corey Davis could be available...that would definitely peak my interest. 

I'd be somewhat surprised, but if we pulled off this deal without inquiring about Davis first, I'd be very sad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I was more referring to the WR position. Though I just heard that Corey Davis could be available...that would definitely peak my interest. 

Corey Davis is going to command some capital lol. I think with Tannehill throwing him the ball he'll be productive I'm shocked they're sellers tbh.

Hard to evaluate....

I feel Sanders is just a shell, but SF have no one.... the compensation is not breaking the house, but could be too much for someone who is mostly done at this point....

This will depend a lot on how Sanders finishes the year. If he's got anything left, might be a decent trade (though his #s for next year are horrible).

15 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Hard to evaluate....

I feel Sanders is just a shell, but SF have no one.... the compensation is not breaking the house, but could be too much for someone who is mostly done at this point....

This will depend a lot on how Sanders finishes the year. If he's got anything left, might be a decent trade (though his #s for next year are horrible).

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/emmanuel-sanders-6590/

He's a UFA at year's end.   There are no 2020 #'s.  As a 10-year vet, he can only get SF an end-of-5th comp pick as a max, though.  But I suspect with Pettis and Samuel, SF will thank him for this year, and move on.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

He's good like right now. He was good last year too.

Hes never not been good. There is a difference in lack of WR production because your QBs for the past 3 years have sucked and lack of production because the WR sucks. Sanders is the former and I have been well documented saying that he is still a top 20 WR in the NFL. The production just doesnt consistently follow because he has had Trevor Siemien, Case Keenum and Joe Flacco throwing him the football. 

Hes still fast, he still is one of the best route runners in football and he still lays out and catches everything thrown in his direction. Great player and he will be missed but it was time.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

According to current standings and the trade value chart this values Sanders at:

(95) 120
(127) 45
----

FOR

(158) 28.2

165-28 = 137 points or a Late 3rd round pick.

Can't beat that for a 32 year old who wanted out, is coming off a significant injury last year, and deserves to win.

Even if those draft picks don't work out it was necessary. 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Can't beat that for a 32 year old who wanted out, is coming off a significant injury last year, and deserves to win.

Even if those draft picks don't work out it was necessary. 

Agreed, it was obvious but he fills a significant need and will be great for SF. Perfect fit. I also dont know what your talking about with the draft picks because those draft picks are going to turn into Calvin Johnson and Ray Lewis. 

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed, it was obvious but he fills a significant need and will be great for SF. Perfect fit. I also dont know what your talking about with the draft picks because those draft picks are going to turn into Calvin Johnson and Ray Lewis. 

Id be happy with one of them lol can't be greedy.