Denver trades WR Sanders to 49ers

RaidersAreOne

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Basically, back to the analogy, are we sure Shanahan is asking his horses to be race horses? What if he is fine with them being good solid farm horses? And that goes for other teams? His system could still obviously be productive without a WR being a "race horse." Pandamonium is implying we are asking farm horses to be race horses but is that really accurate? 

Well I've been saying for at least two years now, Shanny's scheme doesn't require a #1 WR. Sure one would be nice. Quite lovely even. But two #2's and a great slot would be more than adequate IMO. ESPECIALLY when you pair it with a #1 TE and a very effective ground game.

The beauty of Shanny's passing scheme is you can't just key on one guy. The route beater versus the defense that's called SHOULD get the ball. You need a certain skillset to make it viable and that's why Shanny craves guys that can seperate and get off press-man. But its not built on force-feeding a #1 WR. Julio got his numbers with Shanny because he's Julio and he can do more with less than most anyone. But the passing game wasn't funneled through him. I love that about Shanny's scheme. It makes it soooooo much harder for defenses to devise a gameplan geared towards stopping you. Especially if most of your production/yards are tied into one player getting his. 

So to your point, some very good and reliable farm horses should be enough with the right QB and the running game doing what it should. Shanny will call a good game.... no worries there. The problem we have/had was the farm horses weren't necessarily pulling there weight in some aspects. And they're young so there's the growing pains of needing guys to gain experience and develop that can stunt production. So we went out and acquired a very reliable and proven farm horse with miles still left on those legs....if that makes any sense.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

So to your point, some very good and reliable farm horses should be enough with the right QB and the running game doing what it should. Shanny will call a good game.... no worries there. The problem we have/had was the farm horses weren't necessarily pulling there weight in some aspects. And they're young so there's the growing pains of needing guys to gain experience and develop that can stunt production. So we went out and acquired a very reliable and proven farm horse with miles still left on those legs....if that makes any sense.

I just want a legit redzone target. who is the guy on our team that can out muscle defenders for balls even when they are completely covered? We haven't had a legit redzone threat in like 10 years. 

I thought this season we made a point to get bigger receivers this offseason. I talked about it the one time I was on the podcast. Obviously Hurd was supposed to be that guy, I thought Kaden Smith could have a role on our team as someone who catches touchdowns. Jordan Matthews is not a typical shanny WR - granted Matthews doesn't offer much, but I thought his signing along with the other move we made, meant shanny finally realized we needed to get bigger on the outside. You cant have so much of the same at this position (like having 4 good DTs and no DEs lol). 

The run game we have is great from 20-20. a big WR would do wonders for our redzone game and make us unstoppable. scoring TDs early and forcing teams to pass is our formula

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Anyone notice how Dan only shows up when the Niners are good and then when they go on a five year terrible stretch, coincidentally Dan goes on a five year hiatus himself???

Only so much one man can play Madden!! You are not fooling anyone!!!

Pretty sure I was posting here when the 49ers were bad with Tomsula and Kelly. I really left three or so years ago once the Patriots beat the Falcons in the Super Bowl. I stopped watching football completely since then. Saw only the closing minutes of the Eagles SB win over the Patriots and the Chiefs playoff games last year because I like Mahomes.

Only recently as in the last few weeks did I start watching football on a regular consistent basis again. 49ers and Chiefs to be exact.

So seriously, has nothing to do with the 49ers in general even though they did do one thing last season if I remember correctly and that was during the Packers game, they didn't show any Kaepernick highlights despite the fact that he beat them a few times. Not going to lie, that made me mad especially when all those other years in the late 90's when it was Packers over 49ers in the playoffs with Favre and Freeman.

As for Crapadden, last I played was Madden 13 with Calvin Johnson for Xbox 360. Haven't touched a Madden or sports game (excluding Forza Horizon 3) since then because im just not into them anymore and I played so many of them back in the day that now, I just see them as a huge waste of my time.

I do lurk from time to time though. I'm mostly on Twitter and care most about gaming and recently, back into wrestling. I still own my Owens jersey, cap and giant oversized winter coat. Me not watching/following the 49ers was an "im not watching/following the NFL" thing after that Patriots/Falcons SB than anything 49ers related.

Once Brady/Belichick are gone and other veteran QB's retire, trust me, I'll watch more NFL and be into it like I was a few years ago. Every year since the Patriots beat the Seahawks, I have always seen the Patriots as the SB winners unless they're actually defeated which rarely happens so for me, while im super happy that the 49ers are doing great and their defense is superb, I was and still am sick and tired of seeing the Patriots because I know what's going to happen and it's just not any fun or entertaining or interesting to watch.

Sorry for the rant guys. Just wanted to clarify why I barely post and watch/follow the 49ers because it truly has nothing to do with my favorite team since 1989.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

interesting comment; something to consider, at least...

Yeah, I really like the comparison. It's the one I thought of when he was drafted last year, sort of in the "poor man's" vein. But, he now has an excellent teacher. And I'd love to see it. I'm a big Richie James fan. 

• Like 3