Denver trades WR Sanders to 49ers

RaidersAreOne

Don't love the picks we gave up but understand why we made the move. Hopefully he can stay healthy. He should be very motivated after leaving Denver. With him walking into starters spot...maybe the young wr can find their roles as secondary options. 

I do like they said let's go for it. Never know if we'll be in this position again. Every season is different. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Marquis Goodwin is gone next year that's another 3 mil we can save

I don't think so. His contract is pretty friendly, and until he ceases to be our best wide receiver without Manny, I don't know how we can make that move for such nominal savings. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Interesting. I think that happens when Staley/McGlinchey return, but that would free up the spot.

Aren't they on the roster? Neither of them is on IR so they count against the 53, don't they? So we don't have to release anyone when they come back (though as you said, we probably will, but that just means we are sitting there with an empty roster spot).

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Aren't they on the roster? Neither of them is on IR so they count against the 53, don't they? So we don't have to release anyone when they come back (though as you said, we probably will, but that just means we are sitting there with an empty roster spot).

Right, that's what I am thinking, though. Free up a spot for someone more needed than a 5th string tackle. Maybe Elijah Lee, or someone at a position where there are injuries.

Just now, Forge said:

Correct, they still count against the 53.

So for those saying we paid too much? I love that we are going for it. How many times have we seen a team have a great season that falls short in the postseason and then never gets back to that level? Now, if Jimmy G proves to be the real deal, then good bet we will be in contention for the next few years. Still, the Pats go for it every year and we are doing the same. 

• Like 3

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Right, that's what I am thinking, though. Free up a spot for someone more needed than a 5th string tackle. Maybe Elijah Lee, or someone at a position where there are injuries.

Oh yeah, then I would just assume that whomever we put in that spot for the time being would likely be gone when / if Taylor or Hurd comes back

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Are you saying Brunskill is the odd man out???? 

Dontae Johnson?