DEN trades WR Manny Sanders and 2020 5th to San Francisco for their 2020 3rd & 4th round picks

Broncofan

It's Sanders and our 5th for a 3rd and 4th.

Given that our 5th is likely to be only 5 picks or so behind the 49ers 4th, it's basically Sanders for a 3rd and a little more.

Decent value for him. What a player he's been for us; one of Elway's best ever signings.

I think he's got plenty in the tank, and he's got a head start on the 49ers Offense.

• Like 3

Just now, lomaxgrUK said:

It's Sanders and our 5th for a 3rd and 4th.

Given that our 5th is likely to be only 5 picks or so behind the 49ers 4th, it's basically Sanders for a 3rd and a little more.

Decent value for him. What a player he's been for us; one of Elway's best ever signings.

I think he's got plenty in the tank, and he's got a head start on the 49ers Offense.

Great deal for both teams but cheers to Elway for upgrading a round and getting a 3rd.

I like this all around. Good move by both teams, we get picks we need, Niners get a player they need, Sanders goes to a team that will contend. 

I’ll miss Sanders, and I thank him for all he’s done for us as a Bronco. Good to see Elway is embracing the rebuild.

Next step, start Drew Lock when he’s eligible and healthy. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I like this all around. Good move by both teams, we get picks we need, Niners get a player they need, Sanders goes to a team that will contend. 

I’ll miss Sanders, and I thank him for all he’s done for us as a Bronco. Good to see Elway is embracing the rebuild.

Next step, start Drew Lock when he’s eligible and healthy. 

If Elway is truly going in on this rebuild CHJ has to be moved next. 
I get keeping Von unless there’s a huge haul, but CHJ is gone no matter what.  Gotta get some picks for him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I get keeping Von unless there’s a huge haul, but CHJ is gone no matter what.  Gotta get some picks for him 

This is where I'm at as well. But this opened the gms eyes and ears of all around the league. 

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

The way the market is going, I'd be FLOORED if we didn't get a 2nd for CHJ.  ARI isn't selling P-Pete with them at 3-3-1, and there is no one else at elite CB.   And unlike Sanders, who was a 10-year vet - we can get an end-of-3rd 2021 pick if we let him walk and he gets a top 10 AAV contract in FA.    Obviously we want a 2020 pick, but when you combine the fact that PHI, NO and 2-3 more teams still want an elite cover CB and he's the only game in town, a 2nd seems like a lock.

And yeah, hats off again to Sanders.  He and Steve Smith are the ONLY 2 guys in their 30's post-Achilles who've come back and been almost as good as before.   Even DT is a shell of his limited self in NYJ, that's the expected result.

5 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I get it, from many perspectives, but that would break my heart. CHJ is an all-time great Bronco and I so badly want to see him retire a Bronco.

I also agree with @thebestever6 that the Sanders trade is likely just the first domino to fall. 

Sort of ironic that Sanders goes to the team coached by the guy who should be coaching here. Still say Elways biggest ever mistake was hiring Matt “pour me another drink” Russel’s frat brother instead of a real HC like Kyle. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 4