DEN trades WR Manny Sanders and 2020 5th to San Francisco for their 2020 3rd & 4th round picks

Broncofan

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Why is Elway making it a point to throw Emmanuel under the bus today when this is one of the rare recent cases when the fanbase agrees with a move he makes? I'm truly baffled by his comments today. 

Incompetence bro. The comment wasn't terrible, but there's no reason to even go there. This guy is so out of touch with how an organization should be run in 2019 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Incompetence bro. The comment wasn't terrible, but there's no reason to even go there. This guy is so out of touch with how an organization should be run in 2019 

John's lost so much recently, he doesn't even realize when he's won. He got a value for E very few of us saw him getting and is still on the defensive. 

• Like 1

I was pessimistic,  but that was a good deal by Elway.  Sanders while he didn’t start his career here, is one of my favorite all time Broncos since I really began paying attention after the ‘97 SB (I was 9 at the time).  Just absolutely love his toughness/competitiveness, he’s a guy that absolutely loves playing football and I hope he’s able to get another championship before his career ends.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, germ-x said:

I was pessimistic,  but that was a good deal by Elway.  Sanders while he didn’t start his career here, is one of my favorite all time Broncos since I really began paying attention after the ‘97 SB (I was 9 at the time).  Just absolutely love his toughness/competitiveness, he’s a guy that absolutely loves playing football and I hope he’s able to get another championship before his career ends.  

Compared to Eric Decker who I only liked because he had a hot wife Talladega nights reference. Sanders was an awesome Bronco. 

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Compared to Eric Decker who I only liked because he had a hot wife Talladega nights reference. Sanders was an awesome Bronco. 

His wife is cool too...I tried to buy her a drink when I was living in Nashville.  She politely declined but she talked to me and was awesome. 

Decker was a good dude. I never had any issues with him as a player, albeit his hands were meh at times.

Our WR talent outside Sutton is nasty. Hamilton has been such a disappointment.

After Courtland, the guy I actually like the most is Trinity Benson. Small school guy but I would wager just as much on him developing as I would Winfree, who also has some talent but has his own checks against him (Benson small school, Winfree huge underachiever while at CU). Regardless, I would prefer Benson and Winfree get the majority of snaps over Hamilton (replacement level slot at best moving forward, IMO) and Diontae and Brown (Old JAG's).

That wont happen though, we will go with the higher drafted guy (Hamilton) and the guys who are less likely to make mistakes, but also less likely to develop into building blocks (Diontae / Brown), because we need to win these games and ensure a poorer draft slot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

That wont happen though, we will go with the higher drafted guy (Hamilton) and the guys who are less likely to make mistakes, but also less likely to develop into building blocks (Diontae / Brown), because we need to win these games and ensure a poorer draft slot.

Once Lock plays young wrs will also play and the emphasis will be getting the ball out on time and making the right reads.

I'd like to see what Benson and Winfree can do

Edited by thebestever6

9 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Decker was a good dude. I never had any issues with him as a player, albeit his hands were meh at times.

Our WR talent outside Sutton is nasty. Hamilton has been such a disappointment.

After Courtland, the guy I actually like the most is Trinity Benson. Small school guy but I would wager just as much on him developing as I would Winfree, who also has some talent but has his own checks against him (Benson small school, Winfree huge underachiever while at CU). Regardless, I would prefer Benson and Winfree get the majority of snaps over Hamilton (replacement level slot at best moving forward, IMO) and Diontae and Brown (Old JAG's).

To be absolutely fair to the coaches - Hamilton has probably played the most in the slot and in Sanders' backup role.    He's going to be given a ton of snaps based on that familiarity alone.  For the next 2 games, it's hard to argue.

Coming out of the bye, though, I'd hope we see more of Wingree & Benson and even Spencer (as a lid lifter) in the 3 and 4 WR rotations.   I'm disheartened to hear Tim Patrick is an IR-return priority post-bye  That dude is the very definition of JAG.   It absolutely speaks to the priority of Elway as win-now.  

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Who would you have preferred? Lock, Patrick, and Riddick were the only true options no?

Butts career is likely over.

I would have preferred that Elway simply keep his options open and not commit any spot to anyone.   Even the notion that Riddick could take the spot is beyond absurd.  There's absolutely zero bluff potential since the decision takes place 10 days after the trade deadline.   

BTW, something to file away for the future - when it comes time to deal Von Miller, we won't be able to use the end-of-3rd comp pick as worst case scenario with no trade but letting him walk - because he'll have 10+ years of service time, like Sanders.   I think that's a moot point, as we'll deal him before his last year of his contract, but keep the above in mind.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I would have preferred that Elway simply keep his options open and not commit any spot to anyone.   Even the notion that Riddick could take the spot is beyond absurd.  There's absolutely zero bluff potential since the decision takes place 10 days after the trade deadline.   

Fair point the only bluff I see going on right now is with Mr.Lock the sooner you practice him the sooner you convey the message to the league that winning is no longer a priority. 

Which kinda devalues all of your assets. So in that scenario I think it's a bluff . Tim Patrick is underrated but he's not moving the needle.