DEN trades WR Manny Sanders and 2020 5th to San Francisco for their 2020 3rd & 4th round picks

Broncofan

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm indifferent because we have a coaching staff that can coach now. That can hopefully aid to identifying talent. 

VJ was trash at that .

Better than the last staff yes but I’m not at all sold on the current staff. But borderline inept is preferable to hideously incompetent. I guess. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Love seeing Sanders go to the 49ers as they are my second favorite team and am glad I get to continue rooting for him.  And, great value I think for the Broncos in return.  Let's face it, do you really think Lynch is going to stick it to Elway and the Broncos?  

Whoever gets CHJ I'm rooting for.

Went from udfa to a dooooggg

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Remember when some thought it was a reach to get a 3rd for Sanders. They got a 3rd and a 4th for him haha but had to toss in a 5th.

That's a very very good haul for Sanders.

Now give me a 1st or a 2nd + 4th for Harris and let's get to talking about mock drafts.

Eh it's not as big of a haul as you think. With where our 5th rounder will fall and SFs 4th rounder, it may only be the difference of a few picks so it's essentially a 3rd and throw in.

1 minute ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

Eh it's not as big of a haul as you think. With where our 5th rounder will fall and SFs 4th rounder, it may only be the difference of a few picks so it's essentially a 3rd and throw in.

+ compensatory picks at the end of round 3.

2 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

True but it's still a upgrade so it can't be completely dismissed. 

For as much as Elway gets crapped on by people-- this was a very good move. Give him his props because Lord knows people love to give it to him when there are mistakes

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Just now, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

It’s still 2 players.

Is it a huge difference, no, but if we get say #5 overall and SF gets #28, that’s 13 slots higher if you assume 4 compensatory picks at the end of the 4th, which was the number last year. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Remember when some thought it was a reach to get a 3rd for Sanders. They got a 3rd and a 4th for him haha but had to toss in a 5th.

That's a very very good haul for Sanders.

Now give me a 1st or a 2nd + 4th for Harris and let's get to talking about mock drafts.

To be fair to those that thought a 3rd was unreasonable (I'm not one of them lol), you also said you thought Sanders should beat Sanu's compensation of a late 2nd.   Those in glass houses and all that.

Given that we pick in the top 5-10 (and maybe top 5, but not in the top 3 those spots are locked), and SF looks destined for a division crown, this is a 10 spot move in late rd4, so let's call it a Rd3+ and split the difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair to those that thought a 3rd was unreasonable (I'm not one of them lol), you also said you thought Sanders should beat Sanu's compensation of a late 2nd.   Those in glass houses and all that.

Given that we pick in the top 5-10 (and maybe top 5, but not in the top 3 those spots are locked), and SF looks destined for a division crown, this is a 10 spot move in late rd4, so let's call it a Rd3+ and split the difference. 

Fair, now who is giving me the rights to Jeff Okudah for Chris Harris lol

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

It’s still 2 players.

Is it a huge difference, no, but if we get say #5 overall and SF gets #28, that’s 13 slots higher if you assume 4 compensatory picks at the end of the 4th, which was the number last year. 

Let's be real, with how our org evaluates talent you're using the word "player" loosely.