DEN trades WR Manny Sanders and 2020 5th to San Francisco for their 2020 3rd & 4th round picks

Broncofan

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair to those that thought a 3rd was unreasonable (I'm not one of them lol), you also said you thought Sanders should beat Sanu's compensation of a late 2nd.   Those in glass houses and all that.

I was ready to settle for a 6th lmao I'm hyped today. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Scangarello has been horrible and Flacco only throwing to his hot route with no time to go through read progression is a equal problem

I'm on record as a guy who wanted Kyle Shanahan 3 years ago.   So trust me when I say OC Scangarelli's growth so far has been more than hopeful....except for TNF.  That was a gong show, and his inexperience as an OC showed.  DC Spagnolo read the likely gameplan Scangarelli would use with CW, and attacked it perfectly.   But Scangarelli's game prep for weeks 3-5 was actually very encouraging.    TEN and KC, too meat and potatoes/vanilla.  

But here's the thing - he's a QBC who's in year 1 as an OC.  And our OL just. flat. out. sucks.  Our statue QB is COMPLETELY wrong for a Shanahan O (but that's on Elway).   So we should be really patient with Scangarelli here.  Nothing says he isn't developing as expected.   Zero argument TEN & KC were horror show game designs, so he owns it.  But that's part of the learning experience.   And frankly, with our sad sack OL pass blocking, it's impossible to see how he's really evolving.

And before this inevitably leads to a Munchak callout - we need to give him clay and time to work with.  Pretty clear Wilkinson, Leary and Bolles have no business pass-blocking on a NFL line (and McGovern is playing out of position).   EVERY team Munchak's been on - the impact is year 2.  

It's tough, but patience is easily the call with the coaches.   Our talent sucks.  That's the main issue above all else.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I'm on record as a guy who wanted Kyle Shanahan 3 years ago.

I wanted Mcvay listen, Rich might be the future head of the organization or just another OC. It's too early too tell, but Thursday was on the tackles you can't scheme players open with the effort that the tackles and 34 year old Flacco put forth.  That's unfair to Rich.

BTW total side benefit - while I said that Tim Patrick is JAG - and he is talent-wise - it seems like we are going to spend our 2nd IR return spot on Patrick (1st going to Lock).

Why am I happy?  Because Elway doesn't waste a SINGLE down on Theo Riddick, and doesn't any extra $ on bonuses from that OMG-horrible-what-are-you-thinking singing.  2M down the tubes in yet ANOTHER win-now move with zero realistic hope.

I truly hope this trade deadline disabuses Elway from flipping that win-now script until 2021-22.   But at least we save ourselves from depriving our kids who have a future to Theo freaking Riddick.

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I wanted Mcvay listen, Rich might be the future head of the organization or just another OC. It's too early too tell, but Thursday was on the tackles you can't scheme players open with the effort that the tackles and 34 year old Flacco put forth.  That's unfair to Rich.

McVay was never interviewed here, so I mean, I wanted BB too...lol. 

• Like 1

Is anybody else listening to The Fan right now with Zach and Stokley? This is the first time I've ever listened to any DEN radio and holy crap these two are morons. Is it normally like that?

They are literally talking about selling every single person on the team besides the players they drafted in the past 2 years. Stokely has a weird thing about getting rid of Von Miller for anything. They are saying trade Wolfe for a 5th or 6th rounder, Todd Davis for a 5th, CHJ for whatever you can get and even Justin Simmons if the price is right.

It's like these dudes are draft pick drunk like it's the first ever time they have experienced a rebuild

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

They are literally talking about selling every single person on the team besides the players they drafted in the past 2 years.

Everyone has a price as cliche as it is. Heck I'd sell Lindsay for two seconds with the 2020 draft like it is. There's a little truth to everything you hear.

You have to decipher how much lol that's sports talk radio.

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Is anybody else listening to The Fan right now with Zach and Stokley? This is the first time I've ever listened to any DEN radio and holy crap these two are morons. Is it normally like that?

They are literally talking about selling every single person on the team besides the players they drafted in the past 2 years. Stokely has a weird thing about getting rid of Von Miller for anything. They are saying trade Wolfe for a 5th or 6th rounder, Todd Davis for a 5th, CHJ for whatever you can get and even Justin Simmons if the price is right.

It's like these dudes are draft pick drunk like it's the first ever time they have experienced a rebuild

Wolfe is iffier for a 5th/6th, as he might draw interest that's the same.   Todd Davis for a 5th would actually be a good haul, he's a terrible fit in a Fangio D, and he's not going to get better than the 5M AAV he got from us.  2-down thumpers are so disposable, especially at his mileage.  We're never getting higher than a 6th comp with that type of AAV salary.

Miller shouldn't be sold unless it's a 1st and 2nd IMO.   He's still worth that much.  And frankly, anyone who's paying attention to the market should realize it's a seller's market.  So selling elite talents (yes he's still elite, just not in Fangio's scheme) should come at elite prices.   Especially since we're not pressed to move him yet.  This time next year, different story.

Justin Simmons is a ridiculous call, and CHJ too because they have tremendous value.  It shouldn't be for "whatever you can get".   Simmons could very be worth extending, the only guy I can say that about.  Harris will get us an end-of-3rd, so he should net us a 2nd given the crazy buyer's market and the lack of alternatives.  

And yeah, Zach & Stokley come off as morons.  They're not wrong on Davis though.   

Edited by Broncofan

25 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

honest question, do you trust Elway to actually make use of all the picks acquired? 

E: as in, actually draft future corner stones 

If I were Elway I'd go over the Tim Connely's office to see what he has done with the Nuggets, and I'd just follow that formula.  Get as much good young talent as possible and draft players you can develop, and sprinkle in some willing veteran presents into the system.  I'd find a Jokic, Murray combo, with an MPJ and Bola type prospective talent and then find a Milsap and Ryan Grant types.  Along with extremely great role and backup players. 

Edited by jsthomp2007
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I just wanna know why we didn't offer him one lol. 

He wasn't interested.  He was literally the hottest OC on the market.  Why would he want to come here?   Shanahan's only reason was the history & loyalty.   Elway F'd up there royally because  of the power differential he was unwilling to back off on.

• Like 1