Lions trade S Quandre Diggs & 2021 7th to Seahawks for 2020 5th

RaidersAreOne

Well it does makes sense if your not hot and making plays and your contract says other wise BYE BYE!! That't defiantly a Pats Move by Far! And we are seeing the Lions players react to being shown IDC if your a starter or not I'm paying you big Money now start playing like it!

And we have signed former Raiders S Marcus Gilchrist to fill in that last roster spot.

After listening to some different takes, it sounds like a lot of this was about his $5M cap hit next year coupled with the play of Will Harris making him expendable. Adding a vet like Gilchrist just provides some insurance on things with Harris.

Although Slay, whose contract expires after the 2020 season, has previously indicated that he’d like to sign a long-term extension in Detroit, today he wouldn’t say he wants to stay with the Lions, and he said he’d be fine with them trading him.

“Anybody can get traded. I personally wouldn’t care,” Slay said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/24/darius-slay-still-unhappy-lions-traded-away-quandre-diggs/

I still don't see how this trade helps us, short term or long term. If Slay doesn't want to stay in Detroit because of this, we lose big time.

56 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/24/darius-slay-still-unhappy-lions-traded-away-quandre-diggs/

I still don't see how this trade helps us, short term or long term. If Slay doesn't want to stay in Detroit because of this, we lose big time.

I hate to say this but one of the things that has always held the Lions back is players that are inmature and just not mentally tough.  Darius Slay is a great player but for him to say that tells me he is letting his emotions get the best of him.  Darius Slay has one INT in 2019.  I want to see him here long-term but he needs to grow up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I hate to say this but one of the things that has always held the Lions back is players that are inmature and just not mentally tough.  Darius Slay is a great player but for him to say that tells me he is letting his emotions get the best of him.  Darius Slay has one INT in 2019.  I want to see him here long-term but he needs to grow up.

Darius Slay is an All Pro level CB on a team that has never been able to rush the passer. If he goes somewhere else that knows how to make QBs uncomfortable he will be in the conversation for best in the NFL imo. 

Who among us wouldn't be upset if one of our best friends, a captain, and a universally loved in the locker member of our team was traded away for almost nothing when we were still trying to win this season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

Darius Slay is an All Pro level CB on a team that has never been able to rush the passer. If he goes somewhere else that knows how to make QBs uncomfortable he will be in the conversation for best in the NFL imo. 

Who among us wouldn't be upset if one of our best friends, a captain, and a universally loved in the locker member of our team was traded away for almost nothing when we were still trying to win this season?

Emotional upset is one thing. Him days after suggesting anyone could be traded is just a ridiculous exaggeration. 

27 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

Emotional upset is one thing. Him days after suggesting anyone could be traded is just a ridiculous exaggeration. 

I think he's afraid of being the next guy, which the Lions very well could do. This kind of trade absolutely shakes things up in the locker room.

33 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I think he's afraid of being the next guy, which the Lions very well could do. This kind of trade absolutely shakes things up in the locker room.

Why would Slay be traded? Diggs has been bad this year and we have young safeties we like. Slay has been good and we have little depth at cb.

If Slay had been traded and Diggs made the same comments, it would make more sense.

Just now, detroitroar said:

Why would Slay be traded? Diggs has been bad this year and we have young safeties we like. Slay has been good and we have little depth at cb.

If Slay had been traded and Diggs made the same comments, it would make more sense.

Agreed on the matter with Diggs. Just because the Lions would not choose to trade Slay doesn't mean he wouldn't be fearful of being moved. Diggs was a big locker room guy, just got paid on a new deal, etc. Obviously he was well liked. Teams have to be calling about him. It's not totally out of the realm that they could choose to move him.

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Agreed on the matter with Diggs. Just because the Lions would not choose to trade Slay doesn't mean he wouldn't be fearful of being moved. Diggs was a big locker room guy, just got paid on a new deal, etc. Obviously he was well liked. Teams have to be calling about him. It's not totally out of the realm that they could choose to move him.

I just think the anyone could be moved statement was rather dramatic. I dont think Slay would be moved unless it stems from all this.

2 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

I just think the anyone could be moved statement was rather dramatic. I dont think Slay would be moved unless it stems from all this.

It's definitely a bit dramatic, for sure. He could be looking at his contract and the direction of where the team is at right now and feels the pressure that something could happen. We'd likely get a 1st rounder + for him, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

On one hand, this seems like a classic Patriots move. Move a guy who's declining in performance and making a decent chunk of money before he completely falls apart. Get something while you can. 

On the other hand, we aren't the Patriots, no matter how much Quinn/Patricia like to pretend that we are, and it hurts to see the team trade a decent player while they're still in the hunt for a playoff spot. 

Not a fan personally. Quinn and Patricia haven't shown me enough to prove that they can make a player like Diggs immediately replaceable like the Patriots seem to. 

9 hours ago, detroitroar said:

You call it a ridiculous exaggeration, I call it reality. 

A team captain was just traded for a pittance . If that doesn't say no one is safe nothing will.