Trade Deadline Thread

bigbadbuff

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bengals are said to be shopping Cordy Glenn. Could we see a cheap reunion? lol

How long is Ford hurt for anyway?

May be a cheap trade but he still has 6-7 mil in salary this year and 7.5 mil next year do we want to see the bills pay that?

Mcdermott said he is day to day yesterday

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

May be a cheap trade but he still has 6-7 mil in salary this year and 7.5 mil next year do we want to see the bills pay that?

Mcdermott said he is day to day yesterday

I would try and get the Bengals to pay some or half if possible. Similar to the Jets eating Williams contract.

Good. Even though he hasn't been stellar, the last thing he needs is to miss time due to injury. I've been disappointed with Nsekhe lately. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I would try and get the Bengals to pay some or half if possible. Similar to the Jets eating Williams contract.

Good. Even though he hasn't been stellar, the last thing he needs is to miss time due to injury. I've been disappointed with Nsekhe lately. 

Ty has actually performed better then Ford according to PFF. Im hoping the bills make some form of moves today as I know they arent on the level of being a superbowl contender but they are in playoff contention and anything can happen beyond that. Having some key pieces added now can help us while we get there. Just hope they are smart moves

28 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ty has actually performed better then Ford according to PFF. Im hoping the bills make some form of moves today as I know they arent on the level of being a superbowl contender but they are in playoff contention and anything can happen beyond that. Having some key pieces added now can help us while we get there. Just hope they are smart moves

Doesn't surprise me that he has been better than Ford. I don't Cody as a tackle at this level.

I agree, if we make a move it needs to be a smart one. Which likely means it won't be flashy. I think Beane is smart enough to realize that at 5-2 with our soft schedule the playoffs are well within reach with the 53 they have now, no need to blow future assets for the headlines or to make a run this season. 

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not that I want him or Gordon but Bell is apparently on the block. His contract is manageable and to me is an overall better back. I would assume this is a salary dump and could be had for a late round pick.

I would be more in on Bell than Gordon. IMO he moves the needle for the offense. 

Would be shocked if the Jets moved him here though. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I would be more in on Bell than Gordon. IMO he moves the needle for the offense. 

Would be shocked if the Jets moved him here though. 

Not sure who would be interested but if the bills were the only ones I think it would get done if and only if they wanted to move him. Keep in mind this was GM Mac who was fired after all his signing so the new GM may be trying to clear cap space for future players they will want. 

Broncos will be without Flacco, Dolphins will be without Xavien Howard, Jets will be without Leo and Mosley, Washington likely without Keenum, Steelers have been struggling....All these should be wins to put them at 10 and they just sit back and do nothing today. Very disappointed to see nothing be done to make this team better for the playoffs to try and contend with other opponents. This is the year to make a splash and Beane seemed to not push for anything. Now we can only hope they improve on their own 

10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

he let us all down, expected them to push to be a contender but he clearly values draft picks more then a deep play off run

Rome wasn't built in a day. Beane probably did his due diligence and there likely wasn't a deal that made sense. This team still has a ways to go to be a true contender. Beane has a good amount of draft capital and cap space at his disposal next year to really improve this roster and make it a contender. We had the most dead cap space last season. Were you honestly expecting this team to be a legit contender this season? And was one player like AJ Green or Melvin Gordon going to put is in the SB discussion? I just don't see it. We have still have a decent amount of holes to fill and mortgaging the future and giving away a first or second round pick isn't smart.

• Like 1

Just now, Billsfaninptown said:

Rome wasn't built in a day. Beane probably did his due diligence and there likely wasn't a deal that made sense. This team still has a ways to go to be a true contender. Beane has a good amount of draft capital and cap space at his disposal next year to really improve this roster and make it a contender. We had the most dead cap space last season. Were you honestly expecting this team to be a legit contender this season? And was one player like AJ Green or Melvin Gordon going to put is in the SB discussion? I just don't see it. We have still have a decent amount of holes to fill and mortgaging the future and giving away a first or second round pick isn't smart.

With the position they are in and what is left in the schedule I expect them to be a contender. It only takes one spot to get in and go from there and the idea of bringing in outside talent to win now was a must. Beane and McDermott are in their 3 years of 5 year contracts if they cant make the playoffs now with this schedule then I do not expect more next year. This is literally the easiest schedule the bills have faced in years with an actual decent team. A top 3 defense is being squandered so yes I expected a move to be made and yes I expected them to be a playoff contender. I dont care about next year everyone in here has been saying next year for over 20 years its time to get over the hump and do it now. Its not about making a super bowl discussion its about being in the playoff discussion they are only a game in front for a wild card spot with 5 teams that should be easy wins and a few that will be a bit tougher but all in all a piece or two being added before the trade deadline could have helped out big time. A big targeted wr could have assisted as a safety net for Allen, a DT could have stuffed the run, a pass rusher could have got that game winning sack or stalled drives. A Te who doesnt get called for false start or holding , just one of those key pieces being added could have helped now and in the long run. Now they struggle to say afloat just to eek their way in to the playoffs like 2017 and then not go anywhere, get stuck with 18-22 draft pick is not beneficial in any way over a key player now.