Bye Week Review - Biggest Need?

Texas_OutLaw7

1Tech and a 3Tech.

why a 1Tech because it’s been neglected for years! Need a big run stuffer who can also collapse the interior of the line. 

Why a 3Tech we need someone who can penetrate and take advantage of our edges getting double teamed on a consistent basis. Collins is ok, but can use an upgrade. About to declare Hill a bust! 

22 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

1Tech and a 3Tech.

why a 1Tech because it’s been neglected for years! Need a big run stuffer who can also collapse the interior of the line. 

Why a 3Tech we need someone who can penetrate and take advantage of our edges getting double teamed on a consistent basis. Collins is ok, but can use an upgrade. About to declare Hill a bust! 

I wouldn't write Hill off just yet. When's the last time one of our second rounders contributed a large percent of the time during their rookie season? 

• Like 1

Defensive issues are overblown. We are above average in yards and points allowed, 

In my opinion, we should be investing most of our important resources (1st round picks and big contracts) on the offense to keep that side of the ball dominant.

1. The NFL is an offensive game, and
  2. There's a lot of evidence that defensive performance, from year-to-year, is very volatile. More-so than offense.

In an ideal world, I'd love another weapon on offense. TE or WR, and then stock up on defensive players in rounds 2-7.

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Defensive issues are overblown. We are above average in yards and points allowed, 

In my opinion, we should be investing most of our important resources (1st round picks and big contracts) on the offense to keep that side of the ball dominant.

1. The NFL is an offensive game, and
  2. There's a lot of evidence that defensive performance, from year-to-year, is very volatile. More-so than offense.

In an ideal world, I'd love another weapon on offense. TE or WR, and then stock up on defensive players in rounds 2-7.

For WR, would you want a burner WR who can stretch the field and have Cooper play the slot or would you prefer a Slot guy to replace Cobb?

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I wouldn't write Hill off just yet. When's the last time one of our second rounders contributed a large percent of the time during their rookie season? 

Last year, and he sucked

Hill having an uneventful rookie year was practically a given, dude didn’t even start his last year in college. I think we’ll see a big improvement in Year 2, but I hope we actually do our due diligence with someone like Gerald McCoy this time around.

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

For WR, would you want a burner WR who can stretch the field and have Cooper play the slot or would you prefer a Slot guy to replace Cobb?

Give me the best one you can get, honestly. It's hard for me to imagine that there is a really wide receiver that couldn't mesh well with Cooper and Gallup. I'm not taking an inferior prospect just because he's a more traditional slot guy.