How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Will he be good to go health wise by next season tho?  I'm not sure.  I read a recent article on him from Halloween saying his leg was still swollen from the multiple surgeries he's had in the past year and is still walking with a limp.

Even if he cannot play next year I still think it would be valuable to bring him in as an assistant or someone who can mentor the QB.  We'll see.

Let us not just double down on bringing lots of actual QBs, but lets also get the QB-Coach depth going and keep Daniel, add Smith, McCown and where's Hoyer these days

44 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Will he be good to go health wise by next season tho?  I'm not sure.  I read a recent article on him from Halloween saying his leg was still swollen from the multiple surgeries he's had in the past year and is still walking with a limp.

Even if he cannot play next year I still think it would be valuable to bring him in as an assistant or someone who can mentor the QB.  We'll see.

I do not think Newton or Dalton are likely because they just flat out replace Mitch at their price tag.

I now doubt that Foles shakes loose.

Mariota is just as bad.

Bridgewater is 60 million guaranteed.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not think Newton or Dalton are likely because they just flat out replace Mitch at their price tag.

I now doubt that Foles shakes loose.

Mariota is just as bad.

Bridgewater is 60 million guaranteed.

I'm not sold on Bridgewater at all. The kid is under a system with a smart coach who is coaching his butt off right now, along with an elite OL and legit weapons. 

43 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Hoyer just played last week so he’s fresh and loose

Hoyer is actually a good back up QB.  Better than Chase Daniel IMO.  When Belichick values you as a backup QB twice that means you're worth something.

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I'm not sold on Bridgewater at all. The kid is under a system with a smart coach who is coaching his butt off right now, along with an elite OL and legit weapons. 

Me neither.  Nice story and he seems like a good guy and teammates respect the heck out of him but is he good enough to say that it'd be a smart investment to shell out $60M in guarantees to him like @WindyCity  mentioned it wold take?  Call me skeptical.  Sean Payton is a good offensive coach who has been coaching that same team for several years now and has established a nice system. A lot of NFL caliber QB's would thrive in that position right now.

6 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

There was a sequence of 3 plays where New England put James White in the backfield and Brady checked into a successful run after the Ravens vacated the box.

That type of intelligent play doesn’t happen here and shows how QB play can change our perception of the play caller.

How about when you go spread at the goal line and the Eagles put 8 in the box and you have 1 on 1 across the board. Robinson is 1 on 1 against a bum CB and you still run the ball.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

How about when you go spread at the goal line and the Eagles put 8 in the box and you have 1 on 1 across the board. Robinson is 1 on 1 against a bum CB and you still run the ball.

That was all about the element of surprise, silly...

Are there any mid-to-late round QBs that anyone likes? I haven't even sniffed the draft class yet so fire away.

I like the idea of rolling the dice on Mariota and drafting a kid if there is someone with talent that we think will be available.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Are there any mid-to-late round QBs that anyone likes? I haven't even sniffed the draft class yet so fire away.

I like the idea of rolling the dice on Mariota and drafting a kid if there is someone with talent that we think will be available.

Mariota is a "system qb" who specializes in the same exact things that Mitch does, that we already don't do here.  I don't want Mariota here unless Helfrich completely takes over the offense.... and I'm not at all confident Helfrich will survive the season with his job right now, despite the fact that Nagy appears to be the one actually running the entire offense.