How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

50 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

What are people's thoughts on Justin Fields? Is he simply surrounded by talent or is he elevating people around him.

He can't declare for the 2020 draft so it wouldn't be a great use if time to talk about him, but he reminds me of Cam Newton. Good but not great NFL player who will have accuracy issues

13 hours ago, Epyon said:

Mariota is a "system qb" who specializes in the same exact things that Mitch does, that we already don't do here.  I don't want Mariota here unless Helfrich completely takes over the offense.... and I'm not at all confident Helfrich will survive the season with his job right now, despite the fact that Nagy appears to be the one actually running the entire offense.

I agree, but he has NFL experience, Pace allegedly tried to trade up for him, and if the price is right why not kick the tires on a young, athletic QB? Never hurts to look, IMO. Maybe this scheme works for him, maybe Helfrich (assuming he's still here in 2020) can reach him, etc.

I guess I would rather have potential in Mariota than a "coach" in Daniel.

59 minutes ago, G08 said:

I agree, but he has NFL experience, Pace allegedly tried to trade up for him, and if the price is right why not kick the tires on a young, athletic QB? Never hurts to look, IMO. Maybe this scheme works for him, maybe Helfrich (assuming he's still here in 2020) can reach him, etc.

I guess I would rather have potential in Mariota than a "coach" in Daniel.

I am not sure how much influence Pace is going to have.

He already blew the QB position in spectacular fashion.

My guess is Nagy will tell him who he wants and that will be final.

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Nate Stanley doesn’t do a lot for me.

Then you need to watch more film.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

My guess is Nagy will tell him who he wants and that will be final.

I dunno. Maybe? How far are they willing to trade up? 

Yo I was wrong about Joe Burrow. Dude is impressive after watching him slice through that Bama defense today.

Very good chance he is the 1st QB off the board if he keeps this plau up wins the heisman and LSU makes some noise come playoff time.

Funny that he won the Mr. Football Ohio award for best HS player in the state two years after our very own Mitchy boy won it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yo I was wrong about Joe Burrow. Dude is impressive after watching him slice through that Bama defense today.

Very good chance he is the 1st QB off the board if he keeps this plau up wins the heisman and LSU makes some noise come playoff time.

Funny that he won the Mr. Football Ohio award for best HS player in the state two years after our very own Mitchy boy won it.

He is completing almost 80% of his passes this year. The Bama defense has not been as good the last couple of years though.

He could be the first QB selected but there is a lot of time to go before draft day and all it takes is one team to like someone. Just look at the Bears over drafting Trubisky because Pace liked him.

1 hour ago, TB 1 said:

He is completing almost 80% of his passes this year. The Bama defense has not been as good the last couple of years though.

He could be the first QB selected but there is a lot of time to go before draft day and all it takes is one team to like someone. Just look at the Bears over drafting Trubisky because Pace liked him.

Pace is also an idiot.

27 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He could just say "we expect more from Mitch and he expects more from himself. We will continue to evaluate that position just like we do all others."

GM speak that isn't utter bull****? We wish. 

As for Newman, I actually do like him. To me the 1st round talk in some articles is nonsense but there is a good chance he is the best QB on the board when Chicago picks if there isn't a trade up. Hurts may go late first.

I like Newman more than Eason and he has more potential than Fromm IMO. I'd like more experience though. I expect him to stay another year and try to drive up his value.