How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

39 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Are we supposed to even know what that means? 

Yeah, he's so brainwashed by this scrub that he legitimately believes 1) Trubisky is par for the course as he's doing what a lot of other young QB's do & that's apparently suck terribly in year #3 and 2) four or five good throws in one half of every game is good enough for the former #2 overall pick in the draft

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm starting to really like Jordan Love. He has his ups and downs but when he's right it's beautiful to watch. Maybe my favorite draftnik, Dane Brugler, has been raving about him all year and I was able to catch USU's game on Saturday, and man, he makes some great throws. 

I know it doesn't tell the whole story but Love's stats have been awful this season.

23 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, he's so brainwashed by this scrub that he legitimately believes 1) Trubisky is par for the course as he's doing what a lot of other young QB's do & that's apparently suck terribly in year #3 and 2) four or five good throws in one half of every game is good enough for the former #2 overall pick in the draft

I think he's brainwashed by his own bull****. It's getting to the point where I hope Trubisky succeeds in spite of Nagy, and he has to take his distinct flavor of coaching genius to the XFL.

23 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I would love to draft someone, legit hide them in the lab for a year, and see what they can do with a guy they build from the ground up in the system.

Start Trubiksy or the veteran in 2020, but let the new kid marinate for a full year.

Mack's another year older then, though. I mean, I get what you're saying, but there's a window to consider. 

29 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think he's brainwashed by his own bull****. It's getting to the point where I hope Trubisky succeeds in spite of Nagy, and he has to take his distinct flavor of coaching genius to the XFL.

Mack's another year older then, though. I mean, I get what you're saying, but there's a window to consider. 

You still have the veteran vs Trubisky.

Listen, If we Draft a 2nd round QB and he is the best QB on the roster play him. That is a pretty low percentage.

Lets just not allow ourselves to be in the position where we have to play him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

You still have the veteran vs Trubisky.

Listen, If we Draft a 2nd round QB and he is the best QB on the roster play him. That is a pretty low percentage.

Lets just not allow ourselves to be in the position where we have to play him.

I have faith Trubisky can still be a good quarterback, but let's face it, my faith plus $1.25 will only buy me a Pepsi from my staff vending machine. 

If they want to kick the tires on Mariota, I suppose they could keep Mitch and draft a guy, but that seems kind of convoluted. Maybe not?

The Newton to Chicago talk terrifies me. Not a very good quarterback, and seems like a worse human being. And any Newton contract would likely be restrictive. 

35 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I have faith Trubisky can still be a good quarterback, but let's face it, my faith plus $1.25 will only buy me a Pepsi from my staff vending machine. 

If they want to kick the tires on Mariota, I suppose they could keep Mitch and draft a guy, but that seems kind of convoluted. Maybe not?

The Newton to Chicago talk terrifies me. Not a very good quarterback, and seems like a worse human being. And any Newton contract would likely be restrictive. 

Trubisky has the ability to be good but is inconsistent. Last year he had 6 games out of 15 with a QB rating over 100 and this year it is 2 out of 7. Most of his games have been below average by 2018-2019 standards.  So he did regress this year but he still has 7 games left in 2019 to turn it around. He looked good against the Lions because they played mostly man coverage. It seems he struggles more against zone.

I still see Pace giving Trubisky another year to turn it around as he gave up picks to get him because he believed in him. Pace wont admit a mistake until 2021.

I can see the Bears drafting a QB if Nagy likes him. But the Bears need a TE,OL help and depth on defense. They could possibly need to draft a starter at ILB,CB and S with limited picks.

Can't see the Bears getting Newton as that would be a mistake. He has never been consistently accurate and now he is starting to age.

26 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Can't see the Bears getting Newton as that would be a mistake. He has never been consistently accurate and now he is starting to age.

Well...hiring Nagy is currently looking to be a mistake, as well. We'll see what happens. Hopefully you're right. 

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

1. Fire Pace he has had his shot at QB.

2. Trade for, not giving up much, for 

-Dalton

-Smith

-Foles, won’t be available

3. Draft someone if they fall to round 2, if not built the OL and TE

4. Draft someone at some point and see if you get lucky 

1. Pace getting fired in the off season is not happening.  With Mitch having at least 1- year left on his rookie deal you can pretty much take it to the bank that the McCaskey family will give them at least 1 more year together along with Nagy to try and salvage whatever potential he has left.  I think people underestimate how well liked Pace is by ownership and forget that when he was hired he specifically told the McCaskey family that it's going to take time and patience to get this thing right and that they were fully on board with that long term plan.

Has Pace had his blunders over the years? Yes he has, but so does every GM.  QB is obviously the biggest question mark and everyone is entitled to their opinion but personally I'm not going to jump the gun and write anything in stone just yet.

2.  I can't see them trading for a vet QB in the offseason with limited draft capital and the likelihood that they will try to squeeze every last ounce out of Mitch in the last year of his deal.  If Dalton and Smith make it to FA and are cool with not being handed the starter role off of the bat, and are told they will be brought in to push Mitch in camp but ideally be more of a backup plan then I can see them going that route, otherwise I'm not expecting anything too flashy here.  Ultimately I wouldn't be surprised if the route they go is to re-sign Daniel and draft a young signal caller, or go with Mitch, Bray and a rookie.

3. I can see this happening if a good QB falls to where they are picking in round 2.

4. I think they will draft a QB at some point next year.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

1. Pace getting fired in the off season is not happening.  With Mitch having at least 1- year left on his rookie deal you can pretty much take it to the bank that the McCaskey family will give them at least 1 more year together along with Nagy to try and salvage whatever potential he has left.  I think people underestimate how well liked Pace is by ownership and forget that when he was hired he specifically told the McCaskey family that it's going to take time and patience to get this thing right and that they were fully on board with that long term plan.

Has Pace had his blunders over the years? Yes he has, but so does every GM.  QB is obviously the biggest question mark and everyone is entitled to their opinion but personally I'm not going to jump the gun and write anything in stone just yet.

2.  I can't see them trading for a vet QB in the offseason with limited draft capital and the likelihood that they will try to squeeze every last ounce out of Mitch in the last year of his deal.  If Dalton and Smith make it to FA and are cool with not being handed the starter role off of the bat, and are told they will be brought in to push Mitch in camp but ideally be more of a backup plan then I can see them going that route, otherwise I'm not expecting anything too flashy here.  Ultimately I wouldn't be surprised if the route they go is to re-sign Daniel and draft a young signal caller, or go with Mitch, Bray and a rookie.

3. I can see this happening if a good QB falls to where they are picking in round 2.

4. I think they will draft a QB at some point next year.

If they ride or die with Trubisky in 2020 at least I am guaranteed my wish of Pace being fired.

This "other GMs screw up" talking point as a reason to keep Pace is pretty weak. He made one of the all time draft blunders and traded up to do it. Add that to the fact that he is constantly wasting picks and it isn't an "other GMs" situation.

7th Overall-White

3rd Overall-Trubisky

2nd-Shaheen

3rd-Grasu

3rd-Bullard

3rd-Mitch

3rd-Mitch

In 5 years he has blown all those top 100 picks.