How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

I  have no idea. I want to know how by the balls he has George and the organization. Because I see 3 scenarios.

1. Ride or die with Mitch because he know he gets a 2nd chance.

2. A veteran who can take the job so he can ensure a non-meltdown season.

3. A higher draft pick that he can sell as the future while Mitch and a mid level veteran duke it out.

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure Pace can afford to go down swinging with Trubisky.

There is a good chance that because of Trubiksy he never gets a GM job again.

His best bet will be to hold onto this job by any means neccassery.

You're not wrong but maybe he believes in him more than people think. 

I still don't think they will sign or trade for a big money QB with Mitch still under contract next season.

I could be wrong but I don't see it happening. 

10 hours ago, topwop1 said:

You're not wrong but maybe he believes in him more than people think. 

I still don't think they will sign or trade for a big money QB with Mitch still under contract next season.

I could be wrong but I don't see it happening. 

I think it 100% depends on if he knows that he has 2021 in his back pocket.

If he thinks that he does or George had told him that then I think you are right.

I honestly see

Trubisky

Keenum [making 8-10]

4th/5th round pick

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Draft Tua if he slides or tank for Trevor next year. Those are the only options I care about. 

Tua's injury could be blessing in disguise for this Bears team.  I imagine he will slide at the very least to the late 1st round.

He probably won't play at all in 2020, similar to when Jaylon Smith was drafted by the Cowboys in the 2nd round a few years back and red shirted his first year in the NFL.

32 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Tua's injury could be blessing in disguise for this Bears team.  I imagine he will slide at the very least to the late 1st round.

He probably won't play at all in 2020, similar to when Jaylon Smith was drafted by the Cowboys in the 2nd round a few years back and red shirted his first year in the NFL.

So, you’re onboard? 😎

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

So, you’re onboard? 😎

Of course. Even if Mitch turns out to be alright you can never have enough good QBs and Tua is a very talented player.  If we can get him at a good price and sit him for a year while Mitch plays out the last year of his deal then it will give the team a lot more flexibility come 2021.  There is no guarantee Bears are even in a position to draft a top QB prospect in 2021 if Mitch busts here so if you see an opportunity this coming draft to get a top QB prospect at a discount then you take it.

• Like 1

Trying to look at next season and had some questions for you guys.

If any of the following QBs are there at the Bears first-second-round pick, do you take them? : Tua (and he's still hurt, Eason, Hurts, Fromm.  I would take a spin on Tua no matter what, don't like Hurts, have a loosely-informed impression of Eason as Cutler 2,  and think Fromm might actually fit Nagy's scheme in a average kind of way. 

Thoughts on Alton Robinson?  I think he could develop and could be there for the Bears in 2.

Lucas Niang?  If we get a better OL coach I love getting an OT in round 2, and if he or Wanogho are there they might be worth a shot. 

Hunter Bryant?

27 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Trying to look at next season and had some questions for you guys.

If any of the following QBs are there at the Bears first-second-round pick, do you take them? : Tua (and he's still hurt, Eason, Hurts, Fromm.  I would take a spin on Tua no matter what, don't like Hurts, have a loosely-informed impression of Eason as Cutler 2,  and think Fromm might actually fit Nagy's scheme in a average kind of way. 

Thoughts on Alton Robinson?  I think he could develop and could be there for the Bears in 2.

Lucas Niang?  If we get a better OL coach I love getting an OT in round 2, and if he or Wanogho are there they might be worth a shot. 

Hunter Bryant?

Yes on Tua. I'm indifferent on Fromm- his arm strength sucks. No to Eason in round 2.

Robinson would be a solid pick but there will be other DE's there that might have a higher ceiling.

I like Niang a lot and Saturday will be a test for him against Oklahoma.

Bryant is easily the most athletic pass catcher of all of the TE's.

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes on Tua. I'm indifferent on Fromm- his arm strength sucks. No to Eason in round 2.

Robinson would be a solid pick but there will be other DE's there that might have a higher ceiling.

I like Niang a lot and Saturday will be a test for him against Oklahoma.

Bryant is easily the most athletic pass catcher of all of the TE's.

I'd be happy with Eason if we knew Nagy could develop young QBs and/or we had a placeholder veteran for a year or two. 

The ceiling is there, the tools and talent are pretty obvious, but there's a lot to work on. His mechanics are all jacked up and it screws with ball placement, so Idk if Nagy is the guy to fix that. He should be able to but it seems Tru took a step backwards in that too this year. 

Eason is different from Mitch. He had incredible arm talent and has shown he can throw accurately with anticipation. He’s not as mobile and he’s more of a gunslinger who’s prone to silly mistakes.

He’s done pretty well with a horrible supporting cast. If he hits he’ll be one of the better QBs in the NFL but I just can’t bet on a player with his profile

Edited by abstract_thought