How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I think if you want legit competition you need to draft it.

Sign Keenum [5-8 million] to push him a little, draft someone to push him, spend the big money on a big boy OL that will make any of the 3 more effective. 

Keenum is ok...I'd rather someone with a bit more mobility though.  Mariota wouldn't be bad just due to his ability to extend plays with his feet plus he's younger and has experience with Helfrich.

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Keenum is ok...I'd rather someone with a bit more mobility though.  Mariota wouldn't be bad just due to his ability to extend plays with his feet plus he's younger and has experience with Helfrich.

In the battle of the meh quarterbacks I'd take Mariota, or Newton, or Foles for sure, however because of the win-now build,  we REALLY can't afford to pay high teens for any of those guys, plus giving up a draft pick (s) would be insane.

That's why I'm fine with some sort of Keemooretehill or something

Rosen

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I am of the opinion that the Bears shouldn't draft a QB with either 2nd round pick, based mostly on the other gaps in the offense, but also who is likely going to be there in 2.

That said, what QBs would you consider must have if they fell out of rd 1 somehow?

Tua or Herbert

I would like to see

Mariota

Trubisky

2nd Round Pick

Let Mariota and Trubisky battle it out, while we develop a young guy for the future. I doubt the Bears are going to pay 10 after 2020, so we should 100% start developing a young and cheap option at the position while 2020 is used to reclaim 10 or Mariota.

Best Case Scenario: 10 or Mariota explode.

Worst Case Scenario: Both continue to be inconsistent or bad and we have a young guy ready for 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Most 2nd round picks suck. I'd certainly take my chances on him. The risk/reward there greatly outweighs the same risk/reward of taking some middle of the road OLB or OG prospect at the same spot.

It really is not about 2nd round QBs it is about non-1st round QBs and there are plenty of good ones.

You have to look at guys who were passed on by other teams. QBs that everyone had a chance to draft.

If Wilson and Dak went round 2 we would think differently. But they were available to teams in the 2nd round and availability is what matters.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It really is not about 2nd round QBs it is about non-1st round QBs and there are plenty of good ones.

You have to look at guys who were passed on by other teams. QBs that everyone had a chance to draft.

If Wilson and Dak went round 2 we would think differently. But they were available to teams in the 2nd round and availability is what matters.

I don't know what any of this means

Just now, WindyCity said:

Just because the QBs actually picked in round 2 suck doesn't matter.

What QBs were available in round 2 is what matters.

Good QBs are available in the 2nd round. You just have to find them.

That's what I'm saying. I'd even take a flyer on Jordan Love there, but he asked what mocked 1st round QB would you take in round 2. Herbert and Tagavailoa are no brainers imo. The reward if they hit in round 2 is far better than a 6-7/year sack guy or a decent OT.

• Like 1