How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

58 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That's what I'm saying. I'd even take a flyer on Jordan Love there, but he asked what mocked 1st round QB would you take in round 2. Herbert and Tagavailoa are no brainers imo. The reward if they hit in round 2 is far better than a 6-7/year sack guy or a decent OT.

I think if you are going to go QB then you have to in the 2nd round. You cannot wait for them to be picked over 3-4 times before you grab one.

I think the Bears will pick in a QB, but it won't be a serious draft pick. It will be a 5th-7th round HR swing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

That's what I'm saying. I'd even take a flyer on Jordan Love there, but he asked what mocked 1st round QB would you take in round 2. Herbert and Tagavailoa are no brainers imo. The reward if they hit in round 2 is far better than a 6-7/year sack guy or a decent OT.

Exactly. You never want to miss on 2nd rounders but the ROI for a good QB is worth it. 

I'm on board for Love, Eason or Hurt in the 2nd. If Tua would fall ous trade up for him but I don't think he will makes it out of the top 15 still.  

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Herbert is going to suck in the NFL.  You heard it here first.

Why do you say that?

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Most 2nd round picks suck. I'd certainly take my chances on him. 

Herbert is, most likely, going to be a top ten pick...:/

I think if the Bears want QB in round 2 they're going to be looking at Fromm, Love, Hurts and maybe Eason, and all of those have high potential to vault up to the first round whether they deserve it or not.

I'm not sure any of those have Wilson-like knocks that will keep them out of the first round but great talent otherwise, except maybe Hurts, who I think is not a good fit here and a longshot anyway.  I really think Fromm might tick the boxes for Nagy and Pace if Mitch totally flops and they're trying to show that their plan can work. 

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

I think if the Bears want QB in round 2 they're going to be looking at Fromm, Love, Hurts and maybe Eason, and all of those have high potential to vault up to the first round whether they deserve it or not.

I'm not sure any of those have Wilson-like knocks that will keep them out of the first round but great talent otherwise, except maybe Hurts, who I think is not a good fit here and a longshot anyway.  I really think Fromm might tick the boxes for Nagy and Pace if Mitch totally flops and they're trying to show that their plan can work. 

IMO, Fromm is a bad prospect. He's a nobody.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Suddenly the "FIRE DIS IDIOT" nonsense has stopped once the QB has made better throws and stopped playing scared

Hopefully the "move on from this loser" talk can stop too when it comes to the QB....if we're being fair.

• Like 1