How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You guys think Bears are going to have number 1 pick in 2021?

That is hard to do.  Miami gave everyone good away and still couldn’t do it.  

No, the defense alone would put them out of the top 10 picks.

I'm saying I'd give the same trade STL made to move up for Goff for Lawrence, I may even go further. I'd bet the farm for him. 

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm saying I'd give the same trade STL made to move up for Goff for Lawrence, I may even go further. I'd bet the farm for him. 

It might be possible but you'd need a lot of circumstances to fall in your favor. That trade was possible because Tennessee had recently drafted Mariota and had no interest in a QB.

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

All it would take to move up from about 15 to 1 is a 2022 first round pick and another one in the 2nd or 3rd round because you would be swapping first rounders in 2021. I am all for trading 3 picks if you think Lawrence is the answer as QB's are playing well faster then ever except for Trubisky that is.

1 hour ago, TB 1 said:

All it would take to move up from about 15 to 1 is a 2022 first round pick and another one in the 2nd or 3rd round because you would be swapping first rounders in 2021. I am all for trading 3 picks if you think Lawrence is the answer as QB's are playing well faster then ever except for Trubisky that is.

Based on recent trade ups for QBs we know that this isn’t true.

5 hours ago, TB 1 said:

I think it would be more than that,  the top overall pick will have a lot of demand so it will be at least 2 firsts.  I'd wager 2 firsts and a second would be the minimum you could steady relevant in the trade discussion for that scenario. 

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think it would be more than that,  the top overall pick will have a lot of demand so it will be at least 2 firsts.  I'd wager 2 firsts and a second would be the minimum you could steady relevant in the trade discussion for that scenario. 

You'll also need the team with that pick to not have a QB. With all the hype and NFL teams embracing tanking, that's pretty hard to imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard this on the radio the other day:

Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1967, of all QBs drafted in the first round, Mitch Trubisky has the least experience. 

That blew my mind and also answers the thread topic for me. 

Edited by G08

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

Heard this on the radio the other day:

Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1967, of all QBs drafted in the first round, Mitch Trubisky has the least experience. 

That blew my mind and also answers the thread topic for me. 

Interesting. I thought Kyler Murray had 1 less college start than Trubisky.