How do we fix the QB in 2020

WindyCity

7 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

It's honestly unfortunate. If we put our fandom and football aside, this is a really good kid who's trying. I feel bad for him. 

I do a little.

But he also doesn't have to do it. He is set for life. He could hit the beach and write poetry every day.

6 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

It's honestly unfortunate. If we put our fandom and football aside, this is a really good kid who's trying. I feel bad for him. 

He certainly seems like a good guy. That is why I can't understand people who bash guys like Mitch because he doesn't live up to their expectations.

If Mitch was an *** like Cutler was then I could understand but the guy is so humble and always cooperative with the media and is legitimately trying his best right now from what it seems.  You can hate on Pace for making the pick but you can't hate on Mitch Trubisky the person.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I do a little.

But he also doesn't have to do it. He is set for life. He could hit the beach and write poetry every day.

So you are saying that he should just give it up and quit/retire because it's not going well for him right now?  He'd be doing the team, fans and city a favor by doing that , correct?

Lol c'mon man would you tell you kid to do the same thing if he was in Mitch's position right now?

Like I said before I am rooting for Mitch to pull through even if it seems like that is a big long shot at the moment.  

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do a little.

He may be set for life, but if he truly busts out, it will haunt him for the rest of his life. I think knowing you are a failure is hard to swallow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

He may be set for life, but if he truly busts out, it will haunt him for the rest of his life. I think knowing you are a failure is hard to swallow.

Ya exactly. Money is not just the answer to everything when all else fails.  These guys have emotions too.  I very much doubt he would want to go out like this with the rationale that, hey , it's ok at least I have my money.  

No one wants to be remembered as the bust that went ahead of Watson and Mahomes.

Edited by topwop1

18 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ya exactly. Money is not just the answer to everything when all else fails.  These guys have emotions too.  I very much doubt he would want to go out like this with the rationale that, hey , it's ok at least I have my money.  

No one wants to be remembered as the bust that went ahead of Watson and Mahomes.

Too Late

That is if you let football continue to be a big part of your life.

23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

So you are saying that he should just give it up and quit/retire because it's not going well for him right now?  He'd be doing the team, fans and city a favor by doing that , correct?

Lol c'mon man would you tell you kid to do the same thing if he was in Mitch's position right now?

Like I said before I am rooting for Mitch to pull through even if it seems like that is a big long shot at the moment.  

I didn't say he should retire.

But he is choosing to be here so I cannot feel that bad for him.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Too Late

That is if you let football continue to be a big part of your life.

While he will never be as good as those guys it's very possible that he can still salvage and have a pretty respectable NFL career.  You don't just quit unless you have no stones and feel sorry for yourself. 

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

While he will never be as good as those guys it's very possible that he can still salvage and have a pretty respectable NFL career.  You don't just quit unless you have no stones and feel sorry for yourself. 

Or you want to go do something else with your life.

It's football. If he wanted to walk away and go build water pumps in Africa would we say he has no stones?

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I didn't say he should retire.

But he is choosing to be here so I cannot feel that bad for him.

Of course the scrutiny comes with being a pro athlete, I get it, but there are some people out there that legitimately hate the guy because he hasn't been what we expected. And for that I am saying I feel bad for him because he hasn't done anything wrong to deserve that type of hate.  Yes we can hate on his level of play to this point and the fact that Pace passed over some pretty good QB's for him but to say he is a POS and should go to hell, etc. because he sucks is taking it too far IMO.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Or you want to go do something else with your life.

It's football. If he wanted to walk away and go build water pumps in Africa would we say he has no stones?

No but it seems like he does want to play football and is committed to getting better.  Can't hate on a guy for trying and living out his dream.  You are saying you don't feel bad for him  suggesting that he can do something else with his life not involving football because he is set financially.  That's not the point that was being made.