week 8: Browns at Patriots

SBLIII

time: Sunday 4:25 

TV: CBS (Romo, Nantz)

betting odds: Patriots -13

The Patriots will host the Browns this Sunday. The Browns are desperate for a win coming off the bye week. They will be relatively healthy but they have struggled on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see if we can make strides offensively because right now this is a decent but not more type of offense. We have not been able to run the football at all this season so I really hope this changes. We will need a lot of help on the left side to block Garrett. Defensively I expect that our dominance will continue. Mayfield is another 2nd year QB behind a bad OL coming to Gillette. The Browns scored 3 points against the 49ers which should be a pretty good indicator. Gilmore on OBJ and continue to bring the zero man blitz.

QB stats vs NE and rest of NFL:

EHhLNqYWoAISwti.png

DVOA ranking: #1 overall #1 pass defense #8 rush defense

total defense stats: points allowed #1 yards allowed #1 turnovers created #1

Mayfield has already thrown 11 interception so this should be another laugher as @CP3MVP uses to say^^

I'm greedy for a pick 6 in this game.

This is a huge advantage especially with the headset communication being cut off with 15 seconds left on the clock.

Prediction: Browns 10 Patriots 31

The line is too damn low. We are winning by 25 PPG, are at home against a bad team that just doesn’t match up against NE. The line should be at least 18

1.)Baker this year has been one of the 3-5 worst starters in football. Lack of accuracy and turnover prone. Now are all the turnovers his fault? Of course not but he’s showed bad decision making. This is a problem against a GOAT level seconday. The offensive line has had issues in pass pro as well, against that’s another problem against this Pass rush. They’re just relentless 

2.)Theyre  one of the worst run defenses in football. 150 YPG allowed at 5 yards a clip. This team hasn’t run well this year but should dominate this game. 

45-7

• Like 1

Searching for a narrative...Jamie Collins revenge game?

The Browns are the team that taught me you can't ever count on a win in 2010, so I'm gonna say they have a shot. They're getting Hunt back this week, and with Chubb they have easily the best 1/2 punch of running backs going.

I say Mayfield makes a stride and it's 38-24 Patriots, with the game being closer than the final score makes it look.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

The Browns are the team that taught me you can't ever count on a win in 2010, so I'm gonna say they have a shot. They're getting Hunt back this week, and with Chubb they have easily the best 1/2 punch of running backs going.

I say Mayfield makes a stride and it's 38-24 Patriots, with the game being closer than the final score makes it look.

Hunt isn't eligible to return until week 10 against the Bills

Chubb will have a better day than Bell did IMO. It's hard not to bracket OBJ despite his poor season, especially with his catch radius. I feel like you still need to take him out of the equation and hope the Baker - Jarvis connection isnt strong enough to win the passing game. 

9 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

You think they’re going to put up 24 points on this  defense?

Time to get pumped.

They've literally faced all rookie's in terms of career starts and a two hobbled QBs in Ben and McCoy

-----------

Our offense is literally going to be the first real test for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have success and make them look like BBQ Chicken at times. The Pats aren't an All-time Defense despite the statistics b/c they haven't stopped anyone of note yet.

And here's the most under-discussed thing about the Pats, their offense has struggled and Brady gets spooked by pressure.

---------

We have to get wild with blitzes and heat Brady up. I actually feel really good about this game, and I think we're going to put it together and win by 10.

Love this sh.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Time to get pumped.

They've literally faced all rookie's in terms of career starts and a two hobbled QBs in Ben and McCoy

-----------

Our offense is literally going to be the first real test for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if we have success and make them look like BBQ Chicken at times. The Pats aren't an All-time Defense despite the statistics b/c they haven't stopped anyone of note yet.

And here's the most under-discussed thing about the Pats, their offense has struggled and Brady gets spooked by pressure.

---------

We have to get wild with blitzes and heat Brady up. I actually feel really good about this game, and I think we're going to put it together and win by 10.

Love this sh.

This sounds AWFULLY similar to what I read on the Jets board.

Funny how they consider them the first real test with their #27 DVOA offense.

But it's fairly predictable what will happen. Patriots in a laugher, Mayfield exposed, couple hours after the game Fire Freddie threads all over the Browns forum.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

But it's fairly predictable what will happen. Patriots in a laugher, Mayfield exposed, couple hours after the game Fire Freddie threads all over the Browns forum.

Let's hope so. Ah, they're good guys over there. I'm sure this post was tongue-in-cheek.....

They CAN frustrate us. If they get Chubb rolling often, we haven't really been tested by a strong running game yet (part of that is being in front all the time). Baker bailing is generally a bad thing for their offense, but have we been tested by a QB throwing on the run yet, with everything breaking out? We'll see.

On the other side, their D can frustrate us. They're healthy, have good rushers, decent everywhere else.

Pats - 28

Kitchens' Removals Services - 17

They have musical chairs at the oline position right now and their play calling isnt all that great. The 49ers had success collapsing the pocket so I think we can do some of the same but the 49ers run mostly zone and we are man to man defense. We have a good chance here, I think it starts by trying to take away Chubb and making them one dimensional. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If I see us shutting their run game down, and Baker bailing - I'll be calling curtains early. If he's not shut down, and Baker is zinging quick passes in - game on!

That's the key. Browns average 5.3 yards per carry which is 2nd in the league and #4 in DVOA. Their passing offense is the opposite. We definitely have to focus on their run game.

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

“They’ve only faced bad QBs”

well baker is a a bad QB

• Like 1