Week 8 GDT: Die Eagles Die

Trentwannabe

Can the Bills keep their hot start going? Can the Eagles save their season?

Last 5 games:
2015: Bills 20 @ Eagles 23
2011: Eagles 24 @ Bills 31
2007: Bills 9 @ Eagles 17
2003: Eagles 23 @ Bills 13
1999: Eagles @ Bills 26

The home team has won 4 of the last 5 games.

Same faces, new places:
Eagles LB Nigel Bradham played for the Bills from 2012-2016
Eagles acquired CB Ronald Darby from Buffalo in 2017
Eagles DC Jim Schwartz was the Bills DC in 2014 and was a candidate for their HC position in 2015.
Bills HC Sean McDermott began his career in Philly and served there from 1999-2010.
Bills QB Matt Barkley was drafted by the Eagles in the 4th round of 2013
Bills acquired OL Ryan Bates in the off-season from Philadelphia

Fun Facts:
Bills RB Frank Gore is likely to go down as the greatest Eagle of all time.
Eagles lead the series 7-6 but both teams have scored 245 points total. 
Eagles Carson Wentz and Bills Josh Allen were both coached by Craig Bohl
Josh Allen seeked advice from Carson Wentz in regards to declaring for the draft.

The Bills stats:
Offense Yards/game - 17th
Offense Yards/play - 16th
Offense Rush yards/game - 7th
Offense Rush yards/play - 9th
Offense Pass yards/game - 21st
Offense Pass yards/play - 20th

Defense Yards/game - 3rd
Defense Yards/play - 3rd
Defense Rush yards/game - 10th
Defense Rush yards/play - 10th
Defense Pass yards/game - 4th
Defense Pass yards/play - 3rd

The Eagles stats:
Offense Yards/game - 23rd

Offense Yards/play - 24th
Offense Rush yards/game - 14th
Offense Pass yards/game - 20th

Defense Yards/game - 18th
Defense Yards/play - 20th
Defense Rush yards/game - 6th
Defense Pass yards/game - 27th

Analysis:

No QB has a better grade in passed of 0-19 yards than Josh Allen this season. The Eagles are possibly even worse than the Giants and Jets in the back end of their defense. This is something I suspect the Bills to take advantage of early. We've all been frustrated with the lack of running the football lately, but honestly I am not sure that changes in the first half this weekend. I expect a lot of Brown and Beasley on hitches, slants and comeback routes to continue moving the chains. 

Defensively the Bills really need Milano back for this game. The Eagles TE's and Jordan Howard is what scares me the most. If Milano can't go, the Bills could be in some trouble again. It doesn't look like DeSean Jackson is going to go again this week as he is not practicing today, but the Bills don't let anyone beat them deep anyway. The real issue could be Alshon Jeffrey if the Eagles are smart and get him lined up against Levi Wallace who's lack some size and struggled against Devante Parker last week. 

The Eagles are desperate for a win and the Bills are keen to prove to the NFL that they are for real. This is going to be an out of conference dog fight that could come right down to the final drive. If Allen avoids making his bonehead play, and continues his perfect 4th quarter play, the Bills should be able to pull this one out at home. The defense must play better than they did last week, although if they can get the turnovers like they did against Miami they can afford a few mistakes defensively. They can't always be relied on and the offense has to step up. Hopefully this is the week.

Bills 24
Eagles 20.

I'll be making the trip to Buffalo for my first game this year! Flying up with my gf Friday night and leaving Monday, so pumped. 

I think it'll be a real good game, they typically have a good O and we have a good defense. We have an inconsistent O and they have an inconsistent/injured D. 

I'll go 21-17 Bills but wouldn't be shocked if we lost a close one. 

This would be a huge win to get to 6-1 with the R words and Dolphins on the schedule next.

The Eagles secondary is bad, and our OL has graded out actually pretty well in pass pro. If Josh Allen is going to have a coming out game, this is the time to do it. Desperate team with a good QB but a ton of injuries that play directly into what we do well. We should win this but don't be surprised if the Eagles and Pederson come out early trying to punch us in the mouth and bury us early.

32 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The Eagles secondary is bad, and our OL has graded out actually pretty well in pass pro. If Josh Allen is going to have a coming out game, this is the time to do it. Desperate team with a good QB but a ton of injuries that play directly into what we do well. We should win this but don't be surprised if the Eagles and Pederson come out early trying to punch us in the mouth and bury us early.

They can try, but they won’t succeed. I’m not scared of them at all. Granted I’m not scared of any one with this defense. Go protect home turf and get our biggest win of the season Sunday.

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

They can try, but they won’t succeed. I’m not scared of them at all. Granted I’m not scared of any one with this defense. Go protect home turf and get our biggest win of the season Sunday.

You should be scared it wasnt promising last week. Milano possibly not playing can be a huge loss for the bills defense hopefully he plays as he is solid against the run. 

The bills oline has a big task in front of them as their  front 4 dlineman can be nasty. Djax and Darby are questionable those are two key guys to keep an eye on

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

You should be scared it wasnt promising last week. Milano possibly not playing can be a huge loss for the bills defense hopefully he plays as he is solid against the run. 

The bills oline has a big task in front of them as their  front 4 dlineman can be nasty. Djax and Darby are questionable those are two key guys to keep an eye on

Nope, I’m not

I'm really looking forward to the game tomorrow I think it will be close throughout the game and I wouldn't be surprised if we either win or lose.  I've always been a fan of Darby thought we shouldn't of traded him I'd like to see him play but then again I'd love it more if we won.  I'm think we fall 17-13 but I hope I'm wrong

On 10/25/2019 at 3:16 PM, soflbillsfan said:

Nigel Bradham Timmy Jernigan Darren Sproles Jason Peters and Desean Jackson have been officially ruled out for Sunday's game 

That's actually an upgrade compared to the past few weeks. Eagles are basically the Walking Dead. Enjoy!

Edited by Nabbs4u