Is this Brady’s final year in New England?

rocky_rams

Brady, despite killing the Rams’ dreams on more than one occasion, is my all time fav QB. His competitiveness, leadership, and class are some of the reasons why he ranks as the GOAT. 

Lately, I’ve been hearing rumors that this may be his last season in NE. Adam Schefter thinks it may be because Brady and his trainer have his home up for sale in Mass.  

Also, the way Brady has his contract set up it makes it to where he controls when he wants out. 

Is this the end of Brady in the NFL or is he going to move on to a different team and prove he can win without BB?

or is everyone just high?

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1

It’s hard to say but the ground work for him to just call it quits it’s there. I don’t think he is going to another team because there is no better option out there to be frank. He still looks good out there but he is not that the old Tom that used to look like a cyborg out of the shotgun and had malice in his eye. 

I think it's far more likely that he is just planning to retire after this season and him and Giselle want to move somewhere warmer than MA.

I don't really see the incentive for him to want to go to another team at this point in his career:

- He's in literally the perfect situation now with an OC he has great chemistry with over the past decade.

- I doubt at 42/43 he'd want to learn a new playbook.

- There's zero chance whatever team he'd go to would be as successful as the Pats.

- It's not like the Patriots are going to try to force him out. Kraft has made it pretty clear he wants Brady to be a Patriot for his entire career.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2

If he wins the SB and looks good in the playoffs, I think one more is in the tank to go for that 3peat. 

If he starts playing average at the end of the year and the Pats fail to win the SB, yes, I actually do think he’ll retire. He’s 42. I know a lot of people think Bradys immortal. He’s not. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

If he wins the SB and looks good in the playoffs, I think one more is in the tank to go for that 3peat. 

If he starts playing average at the end of the year and the Pats fail to win the SB, yes, I actually do think he’ll retire. He’s 42. I know a lot of people think Bradys immortal. He’s not. 

I mean I'm not sure how much of an influence winning the SB or not would have on his decision.

I think that if anything he'd probably prefer to go out a SB champion like Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, John Elway, etc.

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean I'm not sure how much of an influence winning the SB or not would have on his decision.

I think that if anything he'd probably prefer to go out a SB champion like Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, John Elway, etc.

Nah if he looks good in the playoffs and is still hungry, then being the first team ever to 3peat will be too appealing imo. Although I picked Pats to win it all this year, I think they would fail next year Brady or no Brady. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Nah if he looks good in the playoffs and is still hungry, then being the first team ever to 3peat will be too appealing imo. Although I picked Pats to win it all this year, I think they would fail next year Brady or no Brady. 

I think that as long as Belichick is there that they will always be in the mix.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to the Titans with Robinson and Vrabel. However, it won’t matter with how bad their OC and OL are. He’ll likely fail there.

I would be surprised if he doesn’t retire a Patriot.  I don’t know why he’d even want to go anywhere else.  Especially with Pats having what is potentially a historically good defense.