Mock Draft 3.0 / 2 Rounds

zappa13004

2 hours ago, Killashaw said:

In general I quite liked this mock draft, but as a Bills fan I really can't see us going for a CB and a RB in the first 2 rounds.

Personally I would like to see at least 1 WR in the first 2 rounds, since this class is really stacked. Also can see us go for the O-line, but not sure who would be the pick. 

As you said, the WRs class is good and deep. To name a few still available : Collin Johnson and Duvernay (Texas), Chase Claypool (ND), pick one from Michigan, Tylan Wallace (OK St), Devonta Smith well known by Daboll and some others like Justin Jefferson or Michael Pittman. Not to say i am right with my choices for your team but to say i did think about a deep class at WR and went elsewhere first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

It’s true. But I don’t think Herbert will be the number one pick. He might drop out of the top 10. 

why ? not saying you wrong, i can be and you being right. id just like to know why. watching his games, i am sometimes amazed by his throws. and not like he would make one every 3 games. to me that guy is a legit #1. maybe he wont but he has what it takes. my opinion.

Tho the pair of Courtland Sutton and CeeDee Lamb would be fun to watch.

Denver needs 2 or 3 new starters at that OL (McGovern is a free agent, James still to be healty and Risner is the only good one right now.....We can't keep Bolles and Leary in the roster any longer) We need a new LT in the 1st round (possibly a new RG and C) and Wirfs would be that guy.

Love Kenneth Murray too, but its possible that other needs trumps that pick too. (with so many draft picks this year, I bet we move up to get Creed Humphrey or Alex Leatherwood if they fall out the 1st round)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

why ? not saying you wrong, i can be and you being right. id just like to know why. watching his games, i am sometimes amazed by his throws. and not like he would make one every 3 games. to me that guy is a legit #1. maybe he wont but he has what it takes. my opinion.

Im not saying I’ve watched every snap of the guy. But I’ve watched a few of his games and have not been impressed at all. I think people are getting caught up in his prototypical size. His stats, wins and overall production are lacking for me. I think he becomes more of a Blaine Gabbert/Blake Bortles player. 

I believe the Jets know they need offense and I'm 90% sure we go OT and WR with our 1st 2 picks. So you did great with Leatherwood in Round 2 for us. But I cant see us passing on Jeudy or Lamb in Round 1. I think our big board is Thomas, Jeudy and Wirfs and Lamb real close for that 3rd and 4th spot.

18 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Im not saying I’ve watched every snap of the guy. But I’ve watched a few of his games and have not been impressed at all. I think people are getting caught up in his prototypical size. His stats, wins and overall production are lacking for me. I think he becomes more of a Blaine Gabbert/Blake Bortles player. 

Okay, you have another view on him than me. I watched vs Auburn and Washington and in both games, i saw a top 5 QB with his reads, patience and throws on small windows. We'll see..

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I believe the Jets know they need offense and I'm 90% sure we go OT and WR with our 1st 2 picks. So you did great with Leatherwood in Round 2 for us. But I cant see us passing on Jeudy or Lamb in Round 1. I think our big board is Thomas, Jeudy and Wirfs and Lamb real close for that 3rd and 4th spot.

You definitely right. As i wrote, with Thomas gone and even if i like Wirfs, i think they should find a tackle in R2. As i wrote, Jeudy or Okudah. Jerry Jeudy would be a great pick, right.

8 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Creed Humphrey declaring would shake things up a bit. I'd love to have him in R2. I'm curious as to his actual height. He's probably not 6'5" as listed, which is a good thing. 

If someone moved up to draft Kaleb McGary in the 1st round. I bet someone will do the same to draft Creed Humphrey late in the 1st. He and Alex Leatherwood are too darn good. They only won't go higher cuz this class have Biadasz too.

Teams with a need at OL and with a bunch of picks (like Miami and Denver) will have a lot of fun this next draft.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 4:32 PM, zappa13004 said:

2. Miami Dolphins  - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
Joe Burrow is tempting but Tua is explosive and such a character to build around a franchise from the ground. Minor injuries are a concern but it will be very hard to pass on him.

Let CIN have Tua, you're welcome CINCY....
Burrow isn't just tempting, he's a better prospect for MIA. So, if I had to choose between the 2 -- Reject Tua selection, replace with Burrow. Just my opinion, been saying this since last year....

10. Miami Dolphins (via PIT)  - Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Wirfs looks like more of a guy to take on 20s but to draft on team needs is sometimes the right move. Ideally, Walker Little of Stanford would recover well and declare. He would be the choice here. For now, Wirfs showed abilities at playing on both sides and if they take Tua the lefty, to have a massive right tackle like him would be smart.

Wirfs is a solid RT!
Still think I'd rather have Thomas & Wirfs, but I'm just one voice....Start fixing that OL once and for all! sheesh....
But, this is a solid pick to upgrade the OL.

20. Miami Dolphins (via HOU) - Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State
Their defense too needs some improvement. YGM is tall, a bit raw but yet a disruptive force outside, with tons of room for growth.  

Solid selection here to help with DL. Great motor!

34. Miami Dolphins  -  Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
In 2019, 4 offensive linemen from OU were drafted. Humphrey, though, could be the best of the bunch. If you do not have time to scout some, just watch his block for a running touchdown of Jalen Hurts during the Red River Showdown.  

Interesting selection, need to look this up more.
I also like Darryl Williams/C out of Mississippi State. Could possibly get him in Rd3.

Edited by Shashiaj70
  • Like 1

While I personally would cringe at taking Eason that high, the pick makes sense.  The Titans are almost certainly targeting a QB now, and I can see why he'd be considered the best available.  I'd hope for a trade down, but no one is projecting trades this early in the process, and that may be too much to hope for anyway.

A right tackle absolutely makes sense in the second round.  I haven't watched Throckmorton specifically, but the position absolutely.  A running back would make sense too (assuming Henry is gone), but this class is pretty deep at the position, so an OT would be ideal there.  Cornerback would be a need too if they don't re-sign Logan Ryan.

Good stuff for the Titans, IMO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

I'm not sold on Herbert at the moment, but that could change between now and April.  For now I'm with JohnDeere.

In 2, it meets a need, but I think we have greater need at OT.  Bobby Hart really needs to go.

I think that is the smart approach. The Bengals don't have a lot of talent right now and need to plug some other holes first. Andrew Thomas and Williams as your OTs would give the offense already a much different outlook.