New England waives WR Josh Gordon; Claimed by Seahawks

Broncofan

17 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I find it rather telling he 'fell' that far down and several teams passed.  

I overheard that SEA was 28th in the claim chain and somebody here mentioned the GBPs were 29th?
I wonder if we'd have put in a claim. Probably not, but guess we'll probably never know.

On 11/1/2019 at 5:32 AM, Packerraymond said:

To put a vet with an injury that he'll be medically cleared from in 1-2 weeks on IR is a schmuck thing to do. They wanted his roster spot but didn't want him to end up with a contender, so they held his rights for 2 more weeks, until he was subject to waivers and then released him. Odds are he'll end up on a team without playoff hopes. I hope it backfires and he ends up with us or an AFC contender. Either way, sure that's not what Josh wanted, probably would've been a much bigger fan of just being granted his release and signing to spend the rest of the year with the team of his choice, but this is the Patriots we're talking about.

The only way this backfires is if Gordon goes on to produce and becomes an integral part of another offense. I don't see that happening. He's completely lost his juice now that he can't hit the hay...

32 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

wish that the steelers went for him, could’ve brought back that 1a 1b dynamic we had and with an impressive diontae johnson and james washington as a third and fourth option it’d be one of the deepest receiver rooms in the league overnight

If Gordon wasn't viewed as a even a viable #3/4 with the Patriots WR Roster, why on Earth would he somehow be a 1B to JuJu?