New England waives WR Josh Gordon; Claimed by Seahawks

Broncofan

Patriots trying to make sure he stays in the AFCE by releasing him today instead of before the deadline where vested veterans aren't subject to waivers. Odds seem increased that he is a Dolphin or a Jet but I guess they know that isn't a threat and better to be there than a contender that may may have to face in the playoffs. Still, not at all the reason that the rule is in there.

If you're a complete bottom dweller I don't know if it's worth the trouble to take Josh Gordon in when there's a lot of off-the-field maintenance that goes into doing that. But I think it's something the bubble teams will be willing to take a risk on - my guess is that he ends up on the Raiders, Steelers, or Eagles. Farther back in the waiver order I"m sure the Ravens, Saints, Packers, Bills, and Colts are all putting claims in which is exactly why the Pats didn't want to release him outright last week. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

I can see him heading to somewhere like the Cardinals or Eagles. If it's not off-the-field related then I'm surprised Pats cut him. He's done fairly well for them and he's still a weapon when he's on his game. He makes some teams significantly more dangerous if his mind is right. 

• Like 1