Week 8: Packers at Arrowhead GDT

onejayhawk

1 minute ago, Habbsawce said:

Can someone explain to me why on 3rd and 5 with the game on the line they were playing 7 yards off the RB with 160 yards receiving and an empty backfield?

Like wtf. 

Play closer and he just runs by. You play off and hope Niemann can break on the ball better. It's a tough thing for him to stop regardless.

Is be curious if our personnel would've been any different if Breeland hadn't gone down. Down two corners limits you a bit when they go 5 wide. May have forced the LBs outside when Spags didn't want them. May have just been Spags being dumb.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Play closer and he just runs by. You play off and hope Niemann can break on the ball better. It's a tough thing for him to stop regardless.

Is be curious if our personnel would've been any different if Breeland hadn't gone down. Down two corners limits you a bit when they go 5 wide. May have forced the LBs outside when Spags didn't want them. May have just been Spags being dumb.

Just send the house and jam on the LOS. The game is on the line and it was the only thing that was effective.

Aaron Rodgers did what Aaron Rodgers does. The 8 minute drive in the 3rd quarter winded the defense, the Shady sent them right back out. The got a breather when we drove, but the defense was a bit gassed and Rodgers took advantage. 

My question is, why punt. The defense has already left it on the field. We were not going to get the ball back. Go on fourth and whatever it was. 

J

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It's hard to be mad at this loss. Going into it, we're down six starters and finish the game down eight. We took a one loss, Rodger's lead, Packers team down to the wire without Mahomes. As everyone gets healthy, we should be primed to be the hot team going into the playoffs.

Yes, can't see rational Chiefs fans being too upset. They were on a skeleton crew, and still could have easily won the game against the Packers if they got one or two breaks go their way. The Vikings game will be interesting. 

10 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

I hate to be that guy; but with Patrick Mahomes that's a win. Matt Moore played fine after he settled in, but Mahomes is an absolute game changer and they score 35 easily with him against the defense GB played tonight.

You're probably right.  IMO Mahomes is the best young QB in the league.  He reminds me of a young Rodgers.  Packers fans hope he is back next week.  ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You're probably right.  IMO Mahomes is the best young QB in the league.  He reminds me of a young Rodgers.  Packers fans hope he is back next week.  ;)

If he only reminds you of a young Rodgers, you sell him short. He's much better than that. 

J

• Like 1

I think punting was the right move.  Pinned them perfectly with 3 timeouts.   

I also think Andy though it was 1st and 10 on the first timeout he used,  instead of 2nd and inches..  no idea how the ref spotted him short of the 1st down on the play before 

10 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I think punting was the right move.  Pinned them perfectly with 3 timeouts.   

I also think Andy though it was 1st and 10 on the first timeout he used,  instead of 2nd and inches..  no idea how the ref spotted him short of the 1st down on the play before 

The defense was gassed and punting played to Rodger's strengths. If we get the ball back, we will be in a four down situation, so why wait. Fourth and  three is our best shot at tying the game. 

J

They shouldn’t have been gassed,  offense had the ball.. quick td to A. Jones and offense held for awhile again.   At that point in the game they had been on the sideline for awhile...

If you have confidence Colquitt is going to pin them deep(which I do), with 3 timeouts.  I don’t mind that decision at all,   Put some pressure on the D to come up with that big stop.   Didn’t work,  but I liked they put them in that position at this point in the season. 
  I would feel totally different if this were a playoff game...  but I like putting that pressure on the D right now.

Edited by samsel23

59 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

They shouldn’t have been gassed,  offense had the ball.. quick td to A. Jones and offense held for awhile again.   At that point in the game they had been on the sideline for awhile...

If you have confidence Colquitt is going to pin them deep(which I do), with 3 timeouts.  I don’t mind that decision at all,   Put some pressure on the D to come up with that big stop.   Didn’t work,  but I liked they put them in that position at this point in the season. 
  I would feel totally different if this were a playoff game...  but I like putting that pressure on the D right now.

The eight minute drive in the third quarter was a killer. We held them to a FG, but Shady's fumble put them right back on the field. Yes, we had a drive to rest and managed a stop, but the fatigue was robbing our quickness and there was no depth anywhere. As it was, TK was playing a fair amount of DT.