Should the Bears trade for a QB?

rocky_rams

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Saints would be very foolish to let Bridgewater walk. They should sign him to a Jacoby Brissett type extension if he will take it. This should be Brees last year and clearly the team is rallying around Bridgewater. Not sure you will find a better replacement for Brees given what we've seen from Teddy this year.

I agree with you. Saints fans are very split on the decision because they are very spoiled with having Drew Brees for a decade. But in all reality, it is going to be very unlikely that the Saints can do better than Teddy Bridgewater if Brees retires over the offseason. They will very likely will be drafting incredibly late in the 1st round, and though this is a deeper draft class...it is unlikely that a guy who is better than Bridgewater will be there. It would take a massive trade-up to get a guy like Joe Burrow who would have any chance to be better than Bridgewater. But many Saints fans will disagree with me.

Here is the problem with the Bears,

-Trubisky has regressed

-Nagy's play calling has been a mess

-The OL has been bad, better now that Kyle Long is gone.

-We get nothing from the TE position, they are a net negative.

I do not think this season is going anywhere. Cam Newton or Nick Foles are not riding in here and saving this putrid offense. The defense is banged up right now and not playing at an elite level.

Offseason some serious questions will need to be asked at QB.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

-We get nothing from the TE position, they are a net negative.

That Trey Burton contract is horrific. You guys barely gain anything money wise from cutting him next year and it's like year three of that deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That Trey Burton contract is horrific. You guys barely gain anything money wise from cutting him next year and it's like year three of that deal. 

He was solid last season.

He has been non-existent since he flaked out of the playoff game.

It has turned into a turd of a contract.

The Adam Shaheen draft pick is worse. He just flat sucks.

It's damn near impossible to trade for a QB mid-season. They have to learn too much too quickly. Trubisky would be better than whoever they traded for...at least for the first 5-6 games.

QB is the one position you don't want to trade for mid-season if you're actually counting on them to lead your team to the promise land.

• Like 1

Figured the Bears would become a special team or quickly fall apart after that Mack trade. They don’t have the resources to get a good QB via the draft, there best hope may be landing a FA. I wouldn’t trust Trubisky but at the same time, I doubt Chicago has the ability to find an alternative for 2020. May as well give him another year but it’s lookng harder to expect a repeat of the teams 2018 success.

I would trade a late round pick for Nick Foles if the Jags were willing to part with him because he played under Nagy before and knows the offense well ..but let's be real the chance of that happening are slim to none. 

Other than Foles I don't think there is anyone available that you could bring in mid season that would help improve the current situation. 

Bears just need to ride the rest of the year out and see what they have in Mitchy.  He will be going into the last year of his rookie deal in 2020 (barring his 5th year option being exercised) so I expect them to bring in some veteran competition next off season in the form of a guy like Mariota or Alex Smith.

Mariota because he has a connection to current Bears OC Mark Helfrich and Smith because of the KC ties to Nagy.

Bridgewater will cost too much and I don't think Saints will let him go with Brees nearing retirement.

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I don't know why you all are sleeping on Cam, all he needs is a year to let his body heal and a change in scenery.

I thought they already had an inaccurate QB with the touch of a 2 yr old? Scenery isn't the problem with Cam, Cam is!

Edited by Nabbs4u