Should the Bears trade for a QB?

rocky_rams

21 hours ago, WindyCity said:

-Trubisky has regressed

-Nagy's play calling has been a mess

I can't help but feel as though these two are connected. Every time I watch the Bears Nagy has Trubisky running the majority of his plays from the shotgun like he's got Mahomes back there. With Trubisky's skill set Nagy should be making the game easier for him; line up under center, run the ball with Montgomery, work the play action, and use his mobility to his advantage with roll outs etc. 

The offense should be centered around Montgomery, chewing the clock, and allowing for a great defense to tee off. They don't need to score 30+ every week. Take the ball out of Trubisky's hands and pound the rock. Stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yuck. That's a lateral move at best.

It's a lateral move but they still owe Mitch a fully guaranteed salary of $9.23M for 2020 so it's unrealistic to think the team will completely throw in the towel on him by going out and signing a QB like Bridgewater to a big contract or trading for a guy who already has a big contract i.e. Foles.

The more realistic thing that will happen is that they will bring in someone better than Chase Daniel to push him in for the starting job in the offseason.  Mariota makes sense because he likely won't have many suitors or cost a ton on a 1-year deal.

He has been a massive disappointment but it can be argued he was never given the right supporting cast as far as coaches/scheme in Tennessee and the constant switch of HC's and OC's during his time there surely didn't help matters for his development.  I'd be intrigued to see what he could do with his old college HC with who he won a Heisman trophy + went to the National Championship game with.

Edited by topwop1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

It's a lateral move but they still owe Mitch a fully guaranteed salary of $9.23M for 2020 so it's unrealistic to think the team will completely throw in the towel on him by going out and signing a QB like Bridgewater to a big contract or trading for a guy who already has a big contract i.e. Foles.

Committing to Trubisky as the starter in 2020 would be committing to another sub par season.They should strike while the iron's hot and not let what is one of the leagues better defenses go to waste. Acquire a QB that can win now and compete for a Super Bowl while the window to win is still open.

If you're forced to pay him regardless at least try and win. Paying Trubisky and starting him is a lose-lose.

Edited by SmittyBacall