Week 8 - Rams vs Bengals - London

RamRod

Rams get another win. I thought the first half the Rams got off to another slow start but the second half they made adjustments and pretty much shut down the Bengals offense while putting him 2 tds of their own to pretty much put it out of reach for the Bengals. The cure to the Rams slump has been to get away from LA apparently lol. Usually a team thats on a skid the worst thing to do is say they have to go on the road but the Rams are road warriors. Now its the BYE then at Pittsburgh. Again if the Rams beat the Steelers they will be sitting at (6-3) in great shape coming back home to face the struggling Bears. Kupp had a great game, the defense is starting to pile up the sacks because now Wade gets to truly play the style of defense he wants. Its going to continue to get better when Clay comes back. The Rams are now (17-4) in road games under McVay which is best in the NFL since 2017 in that span. Great win by the Rams now I hope they enjoy the BYE before getting back to work going to Pittsburgh. 

• Like 1

It was an alright win. I was hoping for something more resembling last week. I was also disappointed in McVay for taking his foot off the gas in the second half. I understand he didn't want to run it up on Taylor, though. But a win is a win.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It was an alright win. I was hoping for something more resembling last week. I was also disappointed in McVay for taking his foot off the gas in the second half. I understand he didn't want to run it up on Taylor, though. But a win is a win.

I think that was it. He didn’t wanna shred him. But hey a dub is a dub. 

15 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I'm so very disappointed in the Rams! I was hoping for a loss so I could read the clown show meltdown in here. Oh well guess I'll live with a W. 

Lmao. Haven’t seen you much. I know you don’t like the negativity. But sometimes it gets the best out of us. We just know what this team is capable of. And when it doesn’t it just makes us more mad. 

41 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Lmao. Haven’t seen you much. I know you don’t like the negativity. But sometimes it gets the best out of us. We just know what this team is capable of. And when it doesn’t it just makes us more mad. 

I guess I'm just one of those that have better things to do than ***** and moan on a forum. But reading others sure do it is entertaining :D 

The team isn't what it was the last couple of years but we had some changeover in key spots and sometimes that works sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it takes guys a while to get up to speed. We're going to have to draft well the next few years to maintain this team and winning. We're 5-3 after 2 terrible games and you'd think we were competing for the first pick if you just read this forum and didn't look at the standings. 

• Like 2

I couldn't give the game my full attention but it looked like Rapp and Hill got worked in coverage. Obo flashed at times again. Love that he's making the most of his opportunities. 

First half Goff was incredible. Second half was rough as he had 3 dropped picks.

I'm hopeful Cooks is fine but it's scary how many head injuries he's had. Having the bye week is nice but he's getting close to the point where you have to wonder if it's worth it for him to keep playing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I couldn't give the game my full attention but it looked like Rapp and Hill got worked in coverage. Obo flashed at times again. Love that he's making the most of his opportunities. 

First half Goff was incredible. Second half was rough as he had 3 dropped picks.

I'm hopeful Cooks is fine but it's scary how many head injuries he's had. Having the bye week is nice but he's getting close to the point where you have to wonder if it's worth it for him to keep playing. 

Obo needs to get a ton of PT. He looks like he could be a major factor as a pass rusher. I felt like McVay took his foot off the gas to not embarrass Taylor and that got Goff out of his rhythm. We were slaughtering them from the shotgun, and McVay largely abandoned that in the second half. Rapp is a talented kid, but he needs to work on squeezing routes in zone coverage. On 3rd down plays, he gives too much cushion when they get past the sticks.